Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

He is certainly acting like he is going to run.  Thoughts ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

The only problem is, the majority of America is not far right conservative.

There is no hope of a far right conservative winning on the big stage.

Of course, if you're a far right conservative, this fact has to be bothersome.

The majority of the citizens in the USA are not far right conservative- are there pockets where the maj do lean far right? Yes (I think sometimes people get a skewed perspective because they are surrounded by and only associate with certain folks who all think the same, be it right or left).

FWIW, the maj is not far left either- the maj are moderates- Rinos can appeal to moderates.

Quoting cammibear:

Your point being...
I don't like conservatives, so I'm going to keep saying they need a RINO Progressive in hopes that we will never get a true conservative in office again?

If a true constitutional conservative we're to run, I think liberals wouldn't stand a chance. We have not had an articulate candidate in a long time.

Quoting AdellesMom:

You just proved my point. :-)

Repubs won't win until they produce a moderate candidate b

Quoting cammibear:

Moderate is code for RINO Progressive. No. Thanks.

Quoting AdellesMom:

It still wouldn't be enough for the Republicans to win. If the Republicans want to win, they need to put forth a moderate candidate.

Quoting cammibear:

Please? :)

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree. I think the focus on social issues that are divisive and have no place in the federal government, has given the illusion that people are moderate.

Most people I know, even Democrats, are fiscally conservative. The ones that aren't are way left and wouldn't be persuaded by moderates anyways. A constitutionalist would know the limited role of the government and would focus on fiscal issues, especially big government bureaucracy and balancing the budget. They would leave social issues to the states where they belong. And they would appeal to a majority of people that consider themselves fiscally conservative.

Those that keep social issues at the forefront are doing so to keep this country divided. Our current President is only a President to 1/2 the country because of it. As a nation we cannot stand with such divisiveness. Only a Constitutionalist can help this country. That's my opinion.

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting Sisteract:

The majority of the citizens in the USA are not far right conservative- are there pockets where the maj do lean far right? Yes (I think sometimes people get a skewed perspective because they are surrounded by and only associate with certain folks who all think the same, be it right or left).

FWIW, the maj is not far left either- the maj are moderates- Rinos can appeal to moderates.

Quoting cammibear:

Your point being...

I don't like conservatives, so I'm going to keep saying they need a RINO Progressive in hopes that we will never get a true conservative in office again?

If a true constitutional conservative we're to run, I think liberals wouldn't stand a chance. We have not had an articulate candidate in a long time.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting AdellesMom:

It still wouldn't be enough for the Republicans to win. If the Republicans want to win, they need to put forth a moderate candidate.

Quoting cammibear:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bek22
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Oh my, if he won then I would know for sure our country was full of nothing but idiots.
thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Only if democrats want a republican in office.
cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I think reelecting Obama was proof enough. ;)

Quoting Bek22:

Oh my, if he won then I would know for sure our country was full of nothing but idiots.

Bek22
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Quoting cammibear:

Agreed
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Seriously?

He's a complete buffoon. I don't even know a democrat who likes him. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Oh man, the Republicans would LOVE that. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Most constitutionalists lean more toward libertarian though. And we know how the media and both of the big parties work to keep the Libertarians from having a publicized platform.

Quoting cammibear:

I disagree. I think the focus on social issues that are divisive and have no place in the federal government, has given the illusion that people are moderate.

Most people I know, even Democrats, are fiscally conservative. The ones that aren't are way left and wouldn't be persuaded by moderates anyways. A constitutionalist would know the limited role of the government and would focus on fiscal issues, especially big government bureaucracy and balancing the budget. They would leave social issues to the states where they belong. And they would appeal to a majority of people that consider themselves fiscally conservative.

Those that keep social issues at the forefront are doing so to keep this country divided. Our current President is only a President to 1/2 the country because of it. As a nation we cannot stand with such divisiveness. Only a Constitutionalist can help this country. That's my opinion.

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting cammibear:

Your point being...

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting cammibear:

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, that was pretty obvious. Uniting Libertarians, Tea Partiers, and Republicans under fiscal conservatism and limited government is our best bet.

ETA: I would love to see a Constitutionalist up against Biden...

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Most constitutionalists lean more toward libertarian though. And we know how the media and both of the big parties work to keep the Libertarians from having a publicized platform.

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting cammibear:

Your point being...

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting cammibear:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)