Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you call yourself 'pro-choice' how far does that choice extend?

Do you think a woman has a right to an abortion and birth control but condemn or judge a woman who chooses to have a child of of wedlock?

Do you think less of someone who chooses to get tattoos?

What about if they choose to be devout in their faith while you've chosen to be an atheist or a different religion?

Parenting choices - breast vs bottle; attachment vs 'traditional' (is that the right opposite?); putting kids in pageants etc?

Yes a conversation last night sparked this and made me very curious about how far 'pro-choice' extended for those who labeled themselves. Is it 'pro-choice with judgment' or 'pro-choice without'?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I second this :)

Quoting trippyhippy:

I'm pro choice and support all the things you listed. I may not agree with the choice but its a free country.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Last post (it is the weekend) Pro-choice is absolutely Pro-abortion, otherwise you all wouldn't considered it a loss for the cause anytime a woman who is unsure, goes ahead and has the baby.

Simply look how hard your side fights against any information being given to a pregnant woman, here's a sonogram of what's inside you - ACK TEAR THAT UP.

Here is info on when the heart started beating - ACK LIES,  LIES!

We think you should give it a days thought. -ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Quoting punky3175:

This is not an abortion post so please take your attempts to make that way into a post of your own. I won't address how stupid you sound equating 'pro-choice' with 'pro-abortion.'

Quoting Billiejeens:

You can write whatever you want, Pro-abortion people are the most anti-choice (typically) of any group there is .

Quoting punky3175:

I happen to disagree. Choice is about exactly that - choice in all aspects of a person's life. It's not restricted to women or reproductive rights. Hence the body of the OP.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Pro-choice is pro abortion not relevant to any other issue.

punky3175
by Punky on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I like that distinction and would hope others would do the same. But what if the person has been suffering from a long debilitating illness and knows they are going to die anyway - should they be forced to hold on until their natural death occurs regardless of how much pain they will endure in that time?

Quoting white_wolf454:

i think i am pro choice because Its my body my choice and like wise with anyone its there body there choice how ever the only time i get in the way or feel any should is when some one is planning to end there life i will try and prevent and get them the help they need , and would hope the same for me if i should ever be that low in life 

punky3175
by Punky on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry - where have I stated my position on abortion or said anything about a 'loss' to 'my side'? That's right I haven't. FTR - sweeping, ill- informed generalizations make the speaker/poster look like a complete idiot. But glad this is your last post for the day so I don't have to read anymore of your idiocy.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Last post (it is the weekend) Pro-choice is absolutely Pro-abortion, otherwise you all wouldn't considered it a loss for the cause anytime a woman who is unsure, goes ahead and has the baby.

Simply look how hard your side fights against any information being given to a pregnant woman, here's a sonogram of what's inside you - ACK TEAR THAT UP.

Quoting punky3175:

This is not an abortion post so please take your attempts to make that way into a post of your own. I won't address how stupid you sound equating 'pro-choice' with 'pro-abortion.'

Quoting Billiejeens:

You can write whatever you want, Pro-abortion people are the most anti-choice (typically) of any group there is .

Quoting punky3175:

I happen to disagree. Choice is about exactly that - choice in all aspects of a person's life. It's not restricted to women or reproductive rights. Hence the body of the OP.

Quoting Billiejeens:

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I fully support everyone's right to live their life as they see fit, within the limits of basic laws. I do not support our drug war, mommy wars, war on women, gays, religion or any other war that causes uneccessary harm to another human being. I am pro love. I am pro compassion and empathy. I try very hard to not judge. Sometimes I fail. I still don't try to change laws because I disagree with someone's choice. If I did, mc Donald's would be illegal.
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 100% pro choice. I don't like abortion. I never have. But I'd rather it be legal and safe and as available and affordable as possible. The other side of that is dead/maimed women. I do not believe in forcing people to become parents or having a child they truly do not want. 

I would never condem a woman for having a child in any circumstance. Even Nadia Suleman (octomom). I do not condem her for what she did. 

I have tattoos. Tats are awesome. 

I don't care what religion people believe in as long as they aren't hurting people while they go about believing whatever. 

Boob, bottle. Whatever. Attachment, traditional, whatever. I personally would never put my kid in a pageant even if she wanted to be one. That is my own personality issue. I do not have that kind of drive and I am in no way competitive. That would be something she would have to do on her own (for the record I don't have a daughter, only one son). If you want to put your kid in pageants, go ahead. I think they are ridiculous though. 

I'm pro choice through and through. Make your own deicions about what is right for you and your family. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

If I had my way, walmart would be gone off the face of this earth. Burn it to the ground and I would dance on the ashes. Alas, I am not the benevolent dictator. 

Quoting thecoffeefairy:
I fully support everyone's right to live their life as they see fit, within the limits of basic laws. I do not support our drug war, mommy wars, war on women, gays, religion or any other war that causes uneccessary harm to another human being. I am pro love. I am pro compassion and empathy. I try very hard to not judge. Sometimes I fail. I still don't try to change laws because I disagree with someone's choice. If I did, mc Donald's would be illegal.
white_wolf454
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If a person has a long debilitating illness and they are going to die and there is no treatment/cure for it and they want to end there suffering then they should be allowed to end there life , like with whats called the Kevorkian law which was to be  physician-assisted death that allowed some one in pain to pass in peace . If we are allowed to do that with beloved pets then we should be allowed our selves now i am not saying it to be done at a drop of a hat but should be an opinion for people that meet the requirements 

Quoting punky3175:

I like that distinction and would hope others would do the same. But what if the person has been suffering from a long debilitating illness and knows they are going to die anyway - should they be forced to hold on until their natural death occurs regardless of how much pain they will endure in that time?

Quoting white_wolf454:

i think i am pro choice because Its my body my choice and like wise with anyone its there body there choice how ever the only time i get in the way or feel any should is when some one is planning to end there life i will try and prevent and get them the help they need , and would hope the same for me if i should ever be that low in life 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
3 moms liked this

You know that face Spock makes when some human says something weird or completely irrational or illogical? 

Yeah, I'm making that face right now. Fascinating. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting punky3175:
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting punky3175:
Quoting Billiejeens:

witch_e_woman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Dman, here we go AGAIN....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)