Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
If you call yourself 'pro-choice' how far does that choice extend?

Do you think a woman has a right to an abortion and birth control but condemn or judge a woman who chooses to have a child of of wedlock?

Do you think less of someone who chooses to get tattoos?

What about if they choose to be devout in their faith while you've chosen to be an atheist or a different religion?

Parenting choices - breast vs bottle; attachment vs 'traditional' (is that the right opposite?); putting kids in pageants etc?

Yes a conversation last night sparked this and made me very curious about how far 'pro-choice' extended for those who labeled themselves. Is it 'pro-choice with judgment' or 'pro-choice without'?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (81-85):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Within the limits of the law.

And I think smokers, alcoholics and drug abusers should have to pay higher health care premiums. 

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM

In what way?

Quoting mehamil1:

You know that face Spock makes when some human says something weird or completely irrational or illogical? 

Yeah, I'm making that face right now. Fascinating. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Last post (it is the weekend) Pro-choice is absolutely Pro-abortion, otherwise you all wouldn't considered it a loss for the cause anytime a woman who is unsure, goes ahead and has the baby.

Simply look how hard your side fights against any information being given to a pregnant woman, here's a sonogram of what's inside you - ACK TEAR THAT UP.

Here is info on when the heart started beating - ACK LIES,  LIES!

We think you should give it a days thought. -ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Quoting punky3175:
This is not an abortion post so please take your attempts to make that way into a post of your own. I won't address how stupid you sound equating 'pro-choice' with 'pro-abortion.'
Quoting Billiejeens:

You can write whatever you want, Pro-abortion people are the most anti-choice (typically) of any group there is .

Quoting punky3175:
I happen to disagree. Choice is about exactly that - choice in all aspects of a person's life. It's not restricted to women or reproductive rights. Hence the body of the OP.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Pro-choice is pro abortion not relevant to any other issue.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you can believe in a person's right to make choices about themselves or their children, even if you don't agree with those choices.  I will think a little less of a parent who puts their kid in a pageant or lets them eat nothing but junk food, but I don't think they should be banned from doing so.  Just like most "pro-choice" people aren't neccessarily thrilled about abortion...I don't  think I could ever have one and I think it's a terrible thing, but it's sometimes neccessary and is nobody's decision but the woman in question. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM

People have the right to make such choices.  I do not have to like them, agree with them or even understand.  But I certainly do not have the right to deny them their choice based solely on my own feelings.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Pro-Choice is nothing more than Pro-Abortion?

The ignorance is astounding.  As usual.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)