Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

For those who pray (or do good thoughts) *update*

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 12 Replies
I could really use some. I have an appointment on Monday at 10:30 with an oral surgeon. I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. They are laying down facing the front. No big deal right? Well, the dentist I went to to get a reference was terrible. He looked at my X-ray (nothing else didn't even touch me) and informed me that I will lose a back molar as well due to the way my wisdom teeth grew. Oh, and I have a cementoma. What's that I asked. Ill let the surgeon tell you. Should I be worried? Ill let the surgeon explain it to you.
I left there thinking I was going to die. My mom and I went on dr google and found out it is a benign tumor made of cementum (a layer of what makes up your tooth). It is caused by trauma to the mouth. So basically my tooth leaked and created this mass. I am not going to die. The surgeon may take it out, or just leave it alone and monitor it for growth. The worst it will do if left treated and it grows is it will make my mouth become terribly disfigured.
Well, I KNOW I will be ok, but my OCD brain is going haywire with what ifs. What if it isn't a cementoma, but something deadly (didn't help I found out my Papaw has cancer the very same day this occurred). What if I lose ALL my teeth. What if what if what if.

I could really use some prayers for peace, and that everything turns out ok. :(

I know there are some great women in here who will pray for me (whatever your faith) or throw some good vibes at me. Lord knows I need them.

UPDATE:
Thank you to those whose thoughts and prayers were sent out.
Everything turned out better than fine. I do not have a cementoma. My tooth just formed a very thick root. So the white spot on my X-ray is just bone. :)

I am scheduled for surgery February 25th to have my wisdom teeth removed, and the surgeon said nothing about losing a molar!!!! I won't be gumming my food after all! :)
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Prayers sent.

punky3175
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Positive energy headed your way. I'm so sorry you have such a jerk for a dentist. Hopefully your surgeon will be better and able to ease your concerns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you to those whose thoughts and prayers were sent out.
Everything turned out better than fine. I do not have a cementoma. My tooth just formed a very thick root. So the white spot on my X-ray is just bone. :)

I am scheduled for surgery February 25th to have my wisdom teeth removed, and the surgeon said nothing about losing a molar!!!! I won't be gumming my food after all! :)
GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Good luck. I hope it goes well.

I'm so fearful of dentists that I have a prescription for Valium so I can walk in the door without throwing up.

Can you call them and see if they will call in a one dose script for you? Just that little bit of calming makes all the difference between a traumatic appointment and a manageable one.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Quoting GLWerth:

I'm so fearful of dentists that I have a prescription for Valium so I can walk in the door without throwing up.

Can you call them and see if they will call in a one dose script for you? Just that little bit of calming makes all the difference between a traumatic appointment and a manageable one.

I take magnesium and basil for my anxiety. I try to stay away from Valium and such because I was on it for so long (4 years) that I'm afraid I will become dependent on it.
Now that I know what I am dealing with I am better. My husband went with me and was able to explain to the nurse and dr how to deal with me. If it looks like they are hiding something from me I will freak out. So they pointed the computer screen where I could see it and went step by step with me. It makes me feel like I am more i control of my environment and my situation so I calm down.
They did give me a script for Motrin for my headache. My jaw is causing all sorts of problems. I have to make a separate appointment with the general dentist to get set up with a bite split for tmj.
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

((((HUGS)))) and prayers.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Whaaaaaa....O.o:

Quoting GLWerth:

I take magnesium and basil for my anxiety. I try to stay away from Valium and such because I was on it for so long (4 years) that I'm afraid I will become dependent on it.
Now that I know what I am dealing with I am better. My husband went with me and was able to explain to the nurse and dr how to deal with me. If it looks like they are hiding something from me I will freak out. So they pointed the computer screen where I could see it and went step by step with me. It makes me feel like I am more i control of my environment and my situation so I calm down.
They did give me a script for Motrin for my headache. My jaw is causing all sorts of problems. I have to make a separate appointment with the general dentist to get set up with a bite split for tmj.

Glad it went well and I can understand the dependency fear! Hope they can get it all fixed for you!

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

prayers and good thoughts coming your way

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Just now seeing this.

Still going to send out some prayers your way.  I've been to the dentist so much lately, he is lucky he is handsome.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)