Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This may be the best argument for the 2nd Amendment.

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM
JRM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I can't make the video clicky. It's worth watching.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/32514-this-may-be-the-best-argument-for-the-second-amendment/

It can be described as a mindset or set of assumptions. It is a frame of mind. We get stuck in one every once in a while. It becomes a blockage, or inability to see the truth in a situation or a solution to the problem at hand. It can be a state of resignation, impasse, mental blockage, or complacency. You can get a sense of the general publics’ mindset at the water cooler, barber shop, or social media.

How can do we change the mindset? For some, finding the answer, or changing ones mindset involves deep thoughtful prayer, spiritual reflection, fasting, small animal sacrifice, or throwing a few hundred rounds down range at an inanimate target. It could be an investigation into the facts, or a look back at history that changes one’s mindset.

Today, I perceive a mindset that is troubling. I see a public resolve that we are going to have increased government control over firearms. Either by the legislative process, or by executive order, something is going to change. It will do nothing to prevent crime, murder or make children safe. We won’t be able to stop it. This is the current mindset that I perceive; some are resolved, stuck in believing that it is going to happen no matter what we do.

This mind set of complacency will have a lasting effect on our liberty. I believe an argument debated nearly 20 years ago has relevance today and perhaps, may help change some people’s mindset. Change from a resolve that freedom will be diminished, to taking a stand for our rights, which we believe to be true. We must not allow freedom to be diminished.

Understanding history is important. If we know why something happened, we can avoid the mistakes of the past. The argument made in this video helped change people’s mindset, which began sweeping changes to how states regulate concealed carry permits. I urge everyone to look at this five and a half minute snapshot of history. Hopefully, it will change people’s mindset; we don’t have to live in complacency.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgZuvmZPcg

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I remembee that shooting, but I've never seen this.

I don't know how anyone could deny what she's saying is the truth.

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
No one wants to take anyone's guns away...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4music
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

You're kidding yourself. There are plenty of people on this site alone, who would love nothing  more.

Quoting AdellesMom:

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality”
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
2 moms liked this
No, I'm not. There are people that want better gun control. Control isn't the same as prohibition. You've probably fooled yourself into thinking that it is.

Quoting 4music:

You're kidding yourself. There are plenty of people on this site alone, who would love nothing  more.

Quoting AdellesMom:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Thank you Brookie

Quoting brookiecookie87:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You miss the entire point of what she's saying.

Quoting AdellesMom:

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Not really. My mind doesn't work the way everyone else's does.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

You miss the entire point of what she's saying.

Quoting AdellesMom:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I remember this shooting and this woman in particular because she lost both of her parents that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)