Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Explanations please???

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Thank goodness we are no longer under the Levitical law anymore, though a few of those things, like gossip, certainly are a violation of the New Covenant as well, as is homosexuality (Romans 1). 

radioheid
by Libertarian on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Explanation for what? Ancient Jewish law, or the fact that modern Christians have chosen to focus only on specific ancient Jewish laws found within the Old Testament? Because I can't explain either.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Homosexuality is the old testament. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

Thank goodness we are no longer under the Levitical law anymore, though a few of those things, like gossip, certainly are a violation of the New Covenant as well, as is homosexuality (Romans 1). 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
6 moms liked this

Leviticus was a wanker :-)

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

The bullshit. The picking and choosing of what rules we follow from the old testament. Very hypocritical!

Quoting radioheid:

Explanation for what? Ancient Jewish law, or the fact that modern Christians have chosen to focus only on specific ancient Jewish laws found within the Old Testament? Because I can't explain either.

somuchlove4U
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It's also in the new.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I can explain the kosher food laws to you if you really want. It's not very exciting though.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything you listed is in the Old Testament. When Jesus came a new covenant was made. I'm sure this has been explained before. Thought I'd put it out there for those that wonder why Old Testament rules and laws are not longer followed.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Who cherry picks what rules to follow?

Quoting glitterteaz:

The bullshit. The picking and choosing of what rules we follow from the old testament. Very hypocritical!

Quoting radioheid:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Proposition 1: Strictly speaking, the New Testament says nothing at allabout homosexuality.  
        There is not a single Greek word or phrase in the entire New Testament that should be translated into English as “homosexual” or “homosexuality.” In fact, the very notion of “homosexuality”—like that of “heterosexuality,” “bisexuality,” and even “sexual orientation”—is essentially a modern concept that would simply have been unintelligible to the New Testament writers. The word “homosexuality” came into use only in the latter part of the nineteenth century, and, as New Testament scholar Victor Paul Furnish notes, it and related terms “presume an understanding of human sexuality that was possible only with the advent of modern psychological and sociological analysis.” In other words, “The ancient writers . . . were operating without the vaguest conception of what we have learned to call ‘sexual orientation’.”1 (In the rest of this article I shall use the terms “homosexual” and “homosexuality” strictly for the sake of convenience.)

for the rest go to this link

Quoting somuchlove4U:

It's also in the new.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)