Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama urged to resign over Beyonce Scandal?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 48 Replies

This was an open tab on my friend's computer and I had to read it. I don't really feel a need to state my opinion about this other than the fact that I just thought it was amusing, and I wanted to share it with the lot of you. Enjoy!

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/obama-urged-to-resign-over-beyonc-scandal.html

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM

LOL 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Beyonce scandal? Did he sleep with her? Fill me in. I live under a rock.

chalisa0
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM

How ridiculous.  SMH...

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM
People are upset BC she sang live to a prerecording at the inauguration. People are idiots. But this article is a satire piece.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommajenn4684
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this because she lipsynced at the inauguration? If so people need to get a life.....
Aslen
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
LMAO.... And im sure obama knew this personally didnt he? How dare he?!

Quoting norwgnwood:

People are upset BC she sang live to a prerecording at the inauguration. People are idiots. But this article is a satire piece.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I do too, that's why I thought this was so funny. I don't know how to make things clicky but apparently the republican party (or at least certain individuals in it) Are urginb Obama to resign because Beyonce lip synced the national anthem at his inaugural celebration. I didn't even hear about that before so I don't know if it's even true. But basically the fact that she lip synced the anthem was blatantly offensive, and Obama is being urged to resign because it happened on his watch.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – A rising chorus of congressional Republicans are calling on President Obama to acknowledge that the pop singer Beyoncé lip-synched during his inaugural festivities on Monday and resign from office, effective immediately.

“By lip-synching the national anthem, Beyoncé has cast a dark cloud over the President’s second term,” said Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky).  “The only way President Obama can remove that cloud is by resigning from office at once.”

While many in the media have blamed Beyoncé for the lip-synching controversy, Mr. Paul said, “We must remember that this happened on President Obama’s watch.”

Mr. Paul said that the White House’s refusal to comment on the Beyoncé crisis “only serves the argument that this President has something to hide.”

“If Beyoncé lip-synched the national anthem, how do we know President Obama didn’t lip-sync his oath of office?” he said. “If that’s the case, he’s not legally President. But just to be on the safe side, he should resign anyway.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/01/obama-urged-to-resign-over-beyonc-scandal.html#ixzz2J8TOGoF6
Quoting TruthSeeker.:

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

That's just silly.

They just want him to resign.  Any reason will do. 

Won't happen.  He's going to drag us down to the bitter end.

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
5 moms liked this
You know they planned it together over a dinner of stem cells prepared over burning bibles and purchased with food stamps.

All performers lip sync especially at such an important event on such as cold day. Yoyo Ma also played to a recording at the last inauguration. And Justin beiber does it at all his shows....

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting norwgnwood:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Lmao.justin beiber has to!
Nowadays performers cant do 2 things at once....

Quoting norwgnwood:

You know they planned it together over a dinner of stem cells prepared over burning bibles and purchased with food stamps.

All performers lip sync especially at such an important event on such as cold day. Yoyo Ma also played to a recording at the last inauguration. And Justin beiber does it at all his shows....

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting norwgnwood:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)