Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill Maher: Conservatism is "just about being a dick"

Posted by   + Show Post

Bill Maher: Conservatism is "just about being a dick"

June 23, 2012 | Filed under: Posted by:

Conservatism is being a dick

Earlier this week Bill Maher explored conservative teenaged pundits, comparing them to Republican adults noting that 14 year olds cannot mimic the Rachel Maddow show, but can do the likes of Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh just fine.

"When 14-year-old boys sound exactly like you do and can produce radio shows and books and speeches that sound exactly like yours, maybe you should rethink the shit that comes out of your mouth."

Maher ended by explaining just how easy it would be for a teenager to host Limbaugh's Sean Hannity‘s shows: "Step one, be a giant dick. Step two, there is no step two."

Remember the Republican debates we had this year? They applauded for the idea of letting a sick man without insurance die. Herman Cain got cheers for saying he'd electrify the border fence. They booed a gay man serving his country in the military. No wonder 14-year-old boys can do your act, you act exactly like 14-year-old boys. There's no ideology here. It's just about being a dick."

You can click here to watch the video

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (31-38):
BethanyJ
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

While I'm not fond of all Bill Maher does...I want to kiss his face for this!!! He's SPOT ON! 

JCB911
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Liberal parents don't have to indoctrinate their kids - the public school system does it for them, as does the mainstream media, newspapers, hollywood and half (or more) of the cable networks, etc. 

Quoting NewMom11222011:

I think that an intelligent enough 14 year old could mimic the Rachel Maddow show.  I think the issue is that more conservative parents indoctrinate their children by subjecting them to Rush Limbaugh than do liberal parents subject their children to Rachel Maddow.  IMHO

CafeMom Tickers

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Quoting mehamil1:

Do you really think Justin Beiber is trying to be like Rachel Maddow? Where are you going with this?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

So,the dick is calling a dick a dick?  Yeah.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Bill Maher is a dick

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Where is your beautiful pic?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I would like to see Rush on his show, that would be fun.

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Ha! Thanks for sharing. I love Bill Maher..and this is exactly why:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN