Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President Obama Laments Rush Limbaugh And Fox News’ Influence On Public Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

President Obama Laments Rush Limbaugh And Fox News’ Influence On Public Debate

Source: Mediaite

In a soon-to-be-released interview with The New Republic, President Obama reportedly laments the negative influence Fox News and Rush Limbaugh can have on the congressional debate over various pieces of legislation. 

The president told TNR editor Frank Foer and owner Chris Hughes that “One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates.” 

The media can either help break or uphold partisan gridlock, the president said, adding that “If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it.” 

The president also conceded that “he same dynamic happens on the Democratic side,” but in his mind, “the difference is just that the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word.”

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/online/president-obama-laments-rush-limbaugh-and-fox-news-influence-on-public-debate/ 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Who gives a shit what he says?

Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Citygirlk:

I didn't see anything about blame there. He just said if the didn't punish them for working together they would want to do it more. I mean look at what happened to Chris Christie.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I guess the Blame Bush defense isn't working so now Obama is moving on the the Blame Rush and Fox...

I  didn't see anything about blame either, but the Obama haters would see it even if its not there. If by chance they didn't see anything, they'd make it up anyway.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I read it as the president wants the right-wing media to STOP punishing Republicans who are willing to reach across the aisle. 

But I also think he needs to be even handed. BOTH right AND left are being lax in holding feet to the fire and insisting on compromise instead of the ridiculousness we've seen in Washington.

I want to see more politicians act as Chris Christie did in pointing out the idiocy of partisanship above all.

Quoting Farmlady09:

The president ~ of the US ~ wants the media and radio talk shows that don't agree with him to 'punish' elected officials that won't simply do what he commands them to?!?

What a pathetic lump of crap.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, no blame, just blatant pandering to the left. He acknowledges they behave in the same manner but then makes excuses for why it is "different" when they do it. Sounds like the same familiar refrain to me.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Citygirlk:

I didn't see anything about blame there. He just said if the didn't punish them for working together they would want to do it more. I mean look at what happened to Chris Christie.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I guess the Blame Bush defense isn't working so now Obama is moving on the the Blame Rush and Fox...

I  didn't see anything about blame either, but the Obama haters would see it even if its not there. If by chance they didn't see anything, they'd make it up anyway.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He's 100% right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this
The vast majority of the country if not the world.

Quoting Carpy:

Who gives a shit what he says?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think he's right! If the media would push more for both parties to work together, they would be more inclined to.
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Where did you get that?  That's the opposite of the point.  Thus the headline "laments."

Quoting Farmlady09:

The president ~ of the US ~ wants the media and radio talk shows that don't agree with him to 'punish' elected officials that won't simply do what he commands them to?!?

What a pathetic lump of crap.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not surprising he thinks that.  Blame Bush isn not going to work anymore, so Obama needs something new to cry and complain about.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

What hapened to Chris Christie?   

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured