Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

President Obama Laments Rush Limbaugh And Fox News’ Influence On Public Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

President Obama Laments Rush Limbaugh And Fox News’ Influence On Public Debate

Source: Mediaite

In a soon-to-be-released interview with The New Republic, President Obama reportedly laments the negative influence Fox News and Rush Limbaugh can have on the congressional debate over various pieces of legislation. 

The president told TNR editor Frank Foer and owner Chris Hughes that “One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates.” 

The media can either help break or uphold partisan gridlock, the president said, adding that “If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it.” 

The president also conceded that “he same dynamic happens on the Democratic side,” but in his mind, “the difference is just that the more left-leaning media outlets recognize that compromise is not a dirty word.”

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/online/president-obama-laments-rush-limbaugh-and-fox-news-influence-on-public-debate/ 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
lga1965
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
How easy it is for you to lie.

Quoting candlegal:

well after 4 years of blaming Bush, even some of your supporters are starting to question it, time to move on to someone new to blame.  Everyone knows he is perfect and nothing is his fault.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I guess the Blame Bush defense isn't working so now Obama is moving on the the Blame Rush and Fox...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you have me mixed up with the liar in chief.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting candlegal:

well after 4 years of blaming Bush, even some of your supporters are starting to question it, time to move on to someone new to blame.  Everyone knows he is perfect and nothing is his fault.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I guess the Blame Bush defense isn't working so now Obama is moving on the the Blame Rush and Fox...

lga1965
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Another lie. Goody.

Quoting candlegal:

I think you have me mixed up with the liar in chief.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
If the two are even equal, lets find out, yes?

Can anyone give any examples during either Bush presidency about democratic politicians called out and crucified by their own media for the act of talking about compromise with the white house?
As much as people say fox is just like the rest and no worse, I don't remember hearing that people needed to resign or give up pay affiliation for the sin of not stonewalling Congress for yet another for years. This really was a do nothing Congress. They did less than Congress when there was a damn war going on. The only real reason they have not to compromise is that the their media (not their constituents) will rip then apart for being seen talking to the Enemy, aka fellow Americans.
They are actually acting more like the people during the McCarthy witchhunts and are pushing fear and anger more than anything. Those who blame Obama for failure, remember your own heroes said that they would rather America fall apart and be destroyed than succeed under the likes Obama. They got their wish that way by digging their feet in and demanding that all change be stopped forever. And of course, the poor people are really to blame for sending jobs overseas and pouring their money in overseas accounts.
I understand why we the poor are asked to shoulder the debts and the blame for all of this. If the wealthy and powerful were expected to answer for their mistakes and thefts, this country would be no better than the soviets of course because accountability is unamerican.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your president is attacking the freedom of speech.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

What difference does it make whether the media smacks them (which really has no effect), or if their constituents do.

I absolutely understand what he's saying ~ especially the unspoken part. The bottom line is that O wants congress to ignore the people who elected them and do what 'he' wants instead of what 'we the people' want. The fact that he isn't honest enough to lay the blame on the half of the country that doesn't agree with him (or what he's trying to do) and lashes out at the media only lessens his character (if that's possible) in my mind.

Someone needs to tell the man to pick up his mangina and deal with reality instead of always and forever blaming others for his own failures. Maybe he should also consider some of that 'compromise' that he wants everyone else to give him and lose that 'I won, so it's my way or the highway' attitude.

I stand by what I said ~ he's a pathetic lump of crap. I've got tubs full of bunny crap that at least will feed the veggie garden ... what he's dropping by the truckload isn't good for anything imo.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Farmlady09:

The president ~ of the US ~ wants the media and radio talk shows that don't agree with him to 'punish' elected officials that won't simply do what he commands them to?!?

What a pathetic lump of crap.

The only pathetic lump of crap here is you for not knowing what you are talking about. 

pampire
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Anyone with half a brain laments Fox "News'' affect on politics.  Rush's too.  It's too bad that more politicians don't have Christie's moxy to stand up and do what is right for his constituents and tell the media they can go hang if they don't approve.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Stunningly ignorant post.

Quoting lga1965:

Who doesn't lament Rush Limbaugh? LOL.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Factually ignorant post.
Quoting lga1965:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Actually....you mentioned two different issues.

1) Bush wrecked the Economy.

2)Fox News and Rush lie like rugs.

See? Two different things,

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM

That only has happened recently with the advent of the 60's radicals taking over. Accoutability used to be very American.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

If the two are even equal, lets find out, yes?

Can anyone give any examples during either Bush presidency about democratic politicians called out and crucified by their own media for the act of talking about compromise with the white house?
As much as people say fox is just like the rest and no worse, I don't remember hearing that people needed to resign or give up pay affiliation for the sin of not stonewalling Congress for yet another for years. This really was a do nothing Congress. They did less than Congress when there was a damn war going on. The only real reason they have not to compromise is that the their media (not their constituents) will rip then apart for being seen talking to the Enemy, aka fellow Americans.
They are actually acting more like the people during the McCarthy witchhunts and are pushing fear and anger more than anything. Those who blame Obama for failure, remember your own heroes said that they would rather America fall apart and be destroyed than succeed under the likes Obama. They got their wish that way by digging their feet in and demanding that all change be stopped forever. And of course, the poor people are really to blame for sending jobs overseas and pouring their money in overseas accounts.
I understand why we the poor are asked to shoulder the debts and the blame for all of this. If the wealthy and powerful were expected to answer for their mistakes and thefts, this country would be no better than the soviets of course because
accountability is unamerican.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)