Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'll be honest, I negatively judge people who _____________

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's have an honesty party!  Let's tell each other things that bug us about other people, the world, or anything.  lol

I'll be honest, I negatively judge people who comment on a post without first reading the original post (or at least most of it in cases of long posts). 

EDIT:

This is anywhere, in real life, here, etc.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Replies (401-410):
Proud2BWeird
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Nope, every routine infant circumcision is harmful. It's removing healthy, functional tissue from a non-consenting person in an EXTREMELY painful manner.

Would we even be having this conversation if I had talked about doing this to girls, rather than boys?

Quoting MrsImperfect:

The same amount that havent been harmed is the same but thats not what I meant. You said you judge people negatively that judge people based off their beliefs but you do the same thing. Just because you think its wrong doesnt mean it is.

Quoting Proud2BWeird:

The belief that circumcision is okay is demonstrably false, and the practice has harmed countless innocent babies.

The belief that formula is as good as breast milk is demonstrably false, and has also harmed babies.

The belief that there is a God, and the practice of worshiping God, is neither harmful nor disprovable.

The belief that there is not a God is neither harmful nor disprovable.

Nope, no contradiction there. :)

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Quoting Proud2BWeird:

Okay, I don't like to judge, but after seeing some of the replies, I have to jump in.

I judge people who...

Refuse to even attempt to breastfeed their child, knowing full well that it's the best nutrition.

Judge women who breastfeed longer than the self-appointed judge is comfortable with.

Choose to have their son circumcised so he can "look like Daddy"

Have their son circumcised because they think it's easier to care for a circumcised penis (it's not, at all).

Defend circumcision by claiming the foreskin is a "useless flap of skin". Open up a urological textbook from just about anywhere but the U.S., and see how ridiculous that idea is.

Claim to have done research on circumcision, and state that it's cleaner and healthier, when the preponderance of research shows that it's harmful and doesn't do anything for hygiene. Only reading what supports your stance is not doing research.

See anything that is common in America as the way to do things, ignoring and belittling other countries way of doing things.

Belittle people for not holding the same beliefs, or disbeliefs, as they do.

Judge people based on gender, creed, color, age, size, weight, sexual orientation, financial status, accent, intelligence, education, clothing, hair color, car, house, etcetera.

Laugh at others' misfortunes.

Pick apart posts for misspellings.

Kinda contradict everything you say. You dont like people who judge based off of their beliefs but if they believe breast feeding and circumsizing is okay.....????

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM

It isn't as expensive as you think.  I don't even spend $10 a wk on cigarettes. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Sorry, to say this, but I also agree people shouldn't have kids if they are on PA.  People should have MORE kids while on PA.  I don't exactly believe in "accidents", in getting pregnant.  Some true, but seems all I hear sometimes, "my birth control failed".  Well, I believe in the woman using B.C. AND the man using protection.  If people don't, then it wasn't an accident.  I also feel it's not right being on PA & smoking.  It's very expensive to buy cigs.  So, if they get PA/Food Stamps, then I'm against people that smoke AND ARE ON PA! 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I do smoke never in my house outside only. 

Quoting mikiemom:

oh dear god please tell you don't smoke around your kids to.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Too bad you will miss out on some amazing people in your life then.

Quoting MWood18:

smokers

jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Not every woman can take birth control. Condoms break. It happens. Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Sorry, to say this, but I also agree people shouldn't have kids if they are on PA.  People should have MORE kids while on PA.  I don't exactly believe in "accidents", in getting pregnant.  Some true, but seems all I hear sometimes, "my birth control failed".  Well, I believe in the woman using B.C. AND the man using protection.  If people don't, then it wasn't an accident.  I also feel it's not right being on PA & smoking.  It's very expensive to buy cigs.  So, if they get PA/Food Stamps, then I'm against people that smoke AND ARE ON PA! 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting MWood18:

smokers

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnie1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

II negatively judge people who are racist & bring up their children that way.

MommaGreenhalge
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Okay, I'll add to my previous one (people using "I survived it" as an excuse for poor parenting). People who accuse me of being judgemental because I breastfeed and cloth diaper and use proper carseat safety. Note I didn't say I tell them they should do the same. Just people who think I'm judging them just because I do those things. People who refuse to own their choices. For example, don't tell me all the reasons you couldn't breastfeed (I didn't ask, btw) when you gave up before you even left the hospital. Just say it wasn't for you and leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckbandjab
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I negatively judge

• people who think that not believing in God makes them superior to people that do. 
  • People who think that Christians should be perfect and if they mess up it makes them ahypocrite 
  • People who Think that new gun laws will fix the problem
  • People who think that that people who are not great speakers are stupid

I could go on and on, because let's be honest we are women, and we judge even when we don't mean to.  

iSarah
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Are Tea party members

And people who go out in public in their pjs.
iSarah
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Then I would negatively judge you, if I'm being honest.

Quoting ckbandjab:

I negatively judge

• people who think that not believing in God makes them superior to people that do. 
  • People who think that Christians should be perfect and if they mess up it makes them ahypocrite 
  • People who Think that new gun laws will fix the problem
  • People who think that that people who are not great speakers are stupid

I could go on and on, because let's be honest we are women, and we judge even when we don't mean to.  

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Oh I bet you rock it girl. sexy 

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Judge me!  I am extremely hot natured so even now that it's in the 20's I sometimes wear socks with my sandals in the winter because it's too cold for just sandles but I need some air flow.  Sorry that offends your sensibilities.  Hope you're not in MA.

bouncing

Quoting Euphoric:

Socks with sandals, hilarious!

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

People who wear socks with their sandals

People that go through animals like one goes through shoes

Extreme couponers. Because NO ONE needs 156 bottles of ranch dressing.

People that do not put their children first

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM

First of all, I need to say I'm not bashing you, I don't know you.  So, that would be unfair to point fingers at you.  I didn't know people could spend that little on cigs.?  All I know is what I see at the gas station & stores.  It's crazy!  I always wondered why people smoked & pay SO much in doing so.  Not only is it something that can kill you, but a person is spending all that money in the meantime.  

Since, this thread is all about 'being honest' about who we judge negatively, I still don't want to bash someone I don't know.  So, it's just who we negatively judge in general.  Out in the World.  NOT CMs on here.  But, I feel even 1 cent of spending on cigs. (which is so dangerous to one's health), is wrong while on PA.  To me, & this is just MY opinion ok.  It's like taxpayers are paying for people to smoke? 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

It isn't as expensive as you think.  I don't even spend $10 a wk on cigarettes. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting MWood18:

smokers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured