Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bad apartment fire!!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
I don't want to call it the "projects" but a apartment complex have has many low income and section 8 residents caught on fire last night!! It is a few miles from my house. My husband was running to target last night and saw it. From the news it says 23 apartments were effected and the fire alarm system isn't connected to the fire department. A mother and her son ran through the building alerting people to leave!! I think it's so sad the fire alarms were not hooked up correctly to be connected to the fire station(when we lived in an apartment complex if the fire alarm went off it alerted the fire department) from what I read the sprinkler system wasnt working properly either!! I would think with so many section 8 residents they would be getting inspected often!! I can only assume most of those people don't have rental insurance.... Just such a sad situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Bump
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Yeah, that sucks.
Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM

That's sad and I hope no one was hurt.  This time of year there are more house fires.  It would be good to remind everyone to be careful when using wood/coal/pellet stoves and space heaters and to get their chimneys inspected and cleaned.  I work for the Building Inspector in a nearby town (the Building Inspector is one of the first calls after Fire and Police Department), so I get to hear about the devestating damage done by fires.  I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems that this year is the worse for fires than it's been in a few years. 

meka26
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Here in AL plenty of section 8 houses, apartments, and projects are not safe. I do not know how people are allowed to rent places in those conditions. I feel so sorry for the people who have nowhere else to go. Certain things are suppose to be against the law, but no one seems to care. So sad! I hope those people are ok.

living4truth
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
That is sad. I hope everyone is okay. My landlords business, which is 100 feet from our house, was lost in a fire yesterday. It was so horribly sad. He really worked so hard for that business. He has insurance, but it was so sad because of all the accomplishments and memories for him of that place. The fire departments from 5 towns were here for 12 hours before it could be left. So sad, again thankfully no one was hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)