Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do Malia and Sasha stand a chance?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 43 Replies

Politics aside, what chance do you think Malia and Sasha have to have normal teen years int he White House? 

I was watching this conversation with Abby Huntsman and the authors of Georgetown Academy and thought it was a really interesting discussion on parenting.. 

huff.lv/WhWk9x 

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

It will not be normal for them for the obvious reasons.  I think that the best hope for kids in their situation is that it will be a more positive experience than a negative one.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
13 moms liked this

Dad doesn't have to worry about them getting hot n heavy in the backseat of ANY car....

imapepper
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't able to watch the whole video because my computer is being slow.  I think their life (not only the next four years) will be just as normal as any other child who grew up in the white house.  Obviously not normal in many ways, but they have many perks I'm sure they don't mind and will turn out fine just like other president's children have.

lga1965
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM
11 moms liked this
They will be fine. Their parents are raising them well and they also have their grandma with them. What a wonderful experience for them !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM

No different than Chelsea Clinton. 

CDMelty
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Do kids in boarding schools have a chance at a "normal" childhood? Define normal.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Define normal. 

They are going to be just fine. Their mother seems to have her ducks in a row so I have no doubt they'll be just fine. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

It will be normal for them. Plus, they will have every opportunity in the world, because they are the children of the party's golden boy. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I don't think any child in the White House has a normal life...

Look at Caroline Kennedy. Her mother made a school on the third floor so that her daughter wouldn't have to go to public school and be picked on...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I disagree. They can't go to the mall like normal teenagers... They can't go see a movie or walk around downtown...

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

It will be normal for them. Plus, they will have every opportunity in the world, because they are the children of the party's golden boy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN