Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

After my reflective weekend I want to pass on some thoughts.  Tell those you love that you love them everyday.  Live life to the fullest.  If you are not happy, change whatever is making you not happy.  Life is too short to not be happy.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Replies (31-37):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM

very true

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I agree 100%

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Add eat donuts to this and I'm sold!

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Feel free to add that to your list.  :)  I don't do donuts but I love me some dark chocolate with chile pepper in it.  Yummy!

Quoting furbabymum:

Add eat donuts to this and I'm sold!

ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM

It is so weird that I read this AFTER I had this huge thing with E. Like literally just finished talking to him and everything. I verbally blew up. Reached the end of my line (he and little man have turned into mini tornados this winter). He said to me "I don't deserve to live". That stopped me right then and there. I spent the last hour talking with him, reassuring him he does deserve to live and let him know all the positives I see in him. He is still in trouble for trashing his room and the living room (again), but he is in a much better place. I did forget to do the one thing I normally do which is tell him, "Yes I am mad with the choices you made, but I still love you". I feel horrid over that. Telling someone you love them, even when in the middle of a disagreement, fight...whatever I have found is a good way to let them know that even though you are mad at that moment, doesn't mean your love for them has dwindled (at least with the kids). 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Hugs to you.  It is hard to remember to say I love you.

Quoting ejsmom4604:

It is so weird that I read this AFTER I had this huge thing with E. Like literally just finished talking to him and everything. I verbally blew up. Reached the end of my line (he and little man have turned into mini tornados this winter). He said to me "I don't deserve to live". That stopped me right then and there. I spent the last hour talking with him, reassuring him he does deserve to live and let him know all the positives I see in him. He is still in trouble for trashing his room and the living room (again), but he is in a much better place. I did forget to do the one thing I normally do which is tell him, "Yes I am mad with the choices you made, but I still love you". I feel horrid over that. Telling someone you love them, even when in the middle of a disagreement, fight...whatever I have found is a good way to let them know that even though you are mad at that moment, doesn't mean your love for them has dwindled (at least with the kids). 

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting Sekirei:

Ok.. I would love to change what is making me not happy. Who wants me to move in with them? It would make me happy to leave the south

You could always move in with me, but, you would still be in the south, unfortunately. lol

Is it windy there?? The wind here is strong enough that it is rocking my larger vehicle. o.O

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)