Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't think that's what the OP (post or poster) is saying. To me, it's that a certain subset of citizens were all for 'the gov't', calling those who questioned it traitors, etc. And now that same subset has flipped so they're the ones, not just questioning, but advocating violence,etc.

Quoting TranquilMind:

You are wrong about yesterday.  Bush was threatened regularly.  No blind following then, I assure you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM
6 moms liked this

I see the ass friend is at it again.

She is entertaining, if nothing else. 

There are many instances where this cartoon speaks the truth.  

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Ehhh I never said love it or leave it so it doesn't apply to me.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

You are wrong about yesterday.  Bush was threatened regularly.  No blind following then, I assure you.

I Totally agree.  People saying that he was going to take the guns and have marshal law and steal the presidency.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lga1965
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Is Asfriend also billyjeens? Anyway, she loves the attention. Look at all the replies she gets. She takes over at a thread , says something ridiculous and ...ta-daaah, she gets a bunch of attention. Its all the wrong kind of attention, but she loves it. Its nuts.

Unfortunately the cartoon speaks for too many people.

Let's all get guns..everyone, even babies, maybe embryos? ;-) Yeah, that's the ticket.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I see the ass friend is at it again.

She is entertaining, if nothing else. 

There are many instances where this cartoon speaks the truth.  

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Ok I get that.  What with all the torture and so on. 

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I don't think that's what the OP (post or poster) is saying. To me, it's that a certain subset of citizens were all for 'the gov't', calling those who questioned it traitors, etc. And now that same subset has flipped so they're the ones, not just questioning, but advocating violence,etc.

Quoting TranquilMind:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting TranquilMind:

I never said he wasn't, the change is in the attitude of many on the right. When Dubya was in office many on the right insisted dissent was treason, now it's patriotic.

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It is an amusing cartoon but wrong.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting stormcris:

It is an amusing cartoon but wrong.

How so? It accurately shows the attitude of many I've seen on the right.

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny... It was under Dubya's administration that Homeland Security was created and the Patriot Act passed that has steadily eroded our civil rights.  It was also during his administration that protesters were arrested for speaking out against his administration.  I would call that radical, NOT progressive.  He also started 2 wars, again radical extremism, not progressive.  

Quoting Billiejeens:

Obama is a radical extremist, yes of course.

In what way would Romney have been an extremist?

Quoting canadianmom1974:

Do you really believe that Obama is a 'radical extremeist'? I'm honestly asking here.

And on a related note, do you believe that Romney was an extremist?
Quoting Billiejeens:

Difference between having a mildy progressive President, and a radical extremist President.

You do, or you do not understand the difference?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN