Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

News Host Openly Says Abortion ‘Saved My Life’ But What About the Baby’s Life? Is it really worth it?

Posted by   + Show Post

News Host Openly Says Abortion ‘Saved My Life’ But What About the Baby’s Life?

Posted by Jenny Erikson on January 29, 2013

It’s always so touching when a TV news personality opens up on the air about how the decision to end the life of his unborn child “saved” him. No really -- that actually happened.  

Last Friday, MSNBC host Toure celebrated the 40th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade by sharing the story of when he and an old girlfriend decided 15 years ago to abort their baby, because it was, like, totally inconvenient.

During The Cycle, Toure told the audience, “In some ways that choice saved my life.” You see, it turns out that the girlfriend didn’t end up being the one, and giving birth to a live, healthy child would’ve just made “a mess of three lives.”

But wait! There’s more. Toure then went on to thank God and country for the right to abortion:

I thank God and country that when I fell into a bad situation, abortion was there to save me and keep me on a path toward building a strong family I have now. And I pray that safety net stays in place.

It’s unclear as to how one just “falls” into pregnancy (Did his penis trip and fall into her lady parts?), but we can gloss over that for the time being to talk about the ridiculousness of this particular situation. 

Here we have a guy in a committed relationship with a woman he calls his girlfriend, and he knocks her up. Now, instead of manning up and taking responsibility for the child that he helped create, he applauds mom’s decision to end the pregnancy, and then 15 years later claims that the death of that baby ‘saved’ him?

I bet that baby would have liked to be saved too, had he or she been consulted on the matter of their imminent death. Maybe that baby would be alive today, having been adopted by parents that waited years to meet their child. Or maybe Toure and his girlfriend raised him. The only thing that matters here is that you’ll be hard-pressed to come across a person that believes their parents should have aborted them for convenience’s sake.  

Like it or not, that’s a baby in there. A real, live baby with its own genetic code and DNA and everything. A child created by God. To turn around and thank God for the legal right to snuff out that life because pregnancy is icky is ludicrous. 

Abortion may ‘save’ someone from parenthood, but it does so at the cost of another person’s life. 

Is it really worth it?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

The independently viable life trumps that of the dependent- unless we are willing to reduce females to incubators.

Once tissues can independently exist and perform all functions that a mother+ placenta provide, the tissues will have equal footing/consideration.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

It is up to the individual to decide if it is worth it.

No one else.

I've said this before, I have no problem saying it again.  I had an abortion at 17 and it did indeed save my life.  I have no regrets.  I don't care what any one else thinks.  Assume as you wish.

I do not like abortion, even thought I had one.  I do not always agree with the reasons why some people make that choice.  

But it sure as hell is not my place to make that choice for them. Thank God no one else was able to make that choice for me.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a crappy thing to say and I would not want my kids to think I would have aborted them had I felt it was more convenient, but I'm not going to be up in arms over it. It does make me think he is a shitty person. I don't like abortion it makes me sad to think of the 55 million American kids killed over the last 40 years. I'm certainly pro-life, but I understand the the USSC decision.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Selfish.  Makes me sick.

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

"Abortion may ‘save’ someone from parenthood, but it does so at the cost of another person’s life. "

No it does not.  90% of abortions take place in the 1st trimester.  Two thirds of that occur within the 1st 6 weeks.  An embryo IS NOT A PERSON!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait - not everyone feels the same way about abortion? People have different views of life?!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
And prolife means " I will metaphorically force a woman down and have her body made sick and in pain and then have her legs ripped apart because I care more about the unborn a right to live in someone else's body than a woman's right to choose whether or not to endure the most painful process known to man"

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Selfish.  Makes me sick.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
My oft crazy friend tried to convince me thread the evil liberals are trying to advance a new federal bill sponsored by evil lives about making abortions almost mandatory and investing the time available to abort a fetus to seventy two hours after birth.
Yup the new propaganda isthat liberals want to make it legal to kill newborns until right before the bris and or christening. I have to sigh sometimes
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

How nice Toure was "saved" by his child's "choice".....

Imacakebaker
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty sick and selfish. 

I can't stand Toure anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN