Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (261-270):
lga1965
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I'm hetero because the bible destroyed an entire gay city.

Excuuuuuuuuse me ?   LOL.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM

sidesplittinglaughter 

Quoting motherslove82:

Penises. I love penises.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

It's because of comments like this that threads like this shouldn't be deemed as "getting old."

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Do you want the whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve thing?

No, people post threads like this just to insite the Christians.  WE are the ones getting tired of the topic.  We're not going to change our views just cuz y'all keep questioning and mocking our beliefs. 

I am a Christian and I am not tired of the topic.  I do not see where, in the OP, any one was mocking any thing. 

I certainly do not expect any one to change their views.  That would require more than some people have to offer.  Speaking in general terms.   I do, however, have an expectation that some day, people will realize how they see things, their view, is not the view for others and excluding others is ten times worse than any thing any Bible says about some one who is who they are.

I am also Christian. It wasn't meant to 'incite the Christians' it was meant to offer insight.

Because gays exist. They aren't going away. God hasn't wiped them from the earth and they deserve equality, equity, acceptance and to live without fear and hatred being aimed their way.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
3 moms liked this

THE BIBLE DESTROYED SAN FRANCISCO??????

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL? WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE NEWS?

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

SIGH.

I am sure if you are extensively well versed in scientific knowledge and actual data, you understand that correlation is not causation and that possible contributing factors to anything being discussed are prolific indeed.

You'll also know that conservapedia is a suspect source of information.

Quoting TranquilMind:

The link is well known as at least a possible/probable contributing factor, which is obviously known to you, given the wording of your question. 

I've done the research before, elsewhere, but I'm not interested in restating the obvious here.

But here's just one:  http://www.conservapedia.com/Sexual_abuse_being_a_contributing_factor_for_homosexuality

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Because of the blue waffles, which caught my attention, I've noticed that many of your posts seem to be about this issue.  You seem to have a special ax to grind here.  What's your bias?  Gay?  Have gay close relative?  What?

It would make responding easier to understand the deep bias underpinning all your posts about this issue, like this one...just out of the blue, in response to nothing. 

If you are indeed actually asking a question, instead of just stirring the pot again on this issue, you must know that Ellen (or whatever activist actually wrote it) is being disingenuous on this issue.  Yes, the claim can be made that the straight parents did not "influence" her.  However, there is no mention of what did, and I guarantee you that some sexual exposure or experience at an early age did indeed influence her.

So, it's really not something one can easily respond to, since I don't remember her having been forthcoming with her past molestation, abuse or whatever.  And it's almost always there. 

ETA:  Oh wait....a quick google turned up this People magazine piece with this blurb:

From here:  http://www.people.com/people/ellen_degeneres/biography/0,,,00.html

"In Texas, DeGeneres is secretly molested by her new stepfather as her mother struggles with breast cancer. After she graduates high school and moves back to New Orleans, she finally tells her mother the truth." 

Why would she mention this abuse if she feels it has nothing to do with her current sexual identity? Perhaps she's known that she's gay since she was a child.

Do you have any objective, peer reviewed studies that state abuse is "almost always there"?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

It's because of comments like this that threads like this shouldn't be deemed as "getting old."

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Do you want the whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve thing?

No, people post threads like this just to insite the Christians.  WE are the ones getting tired of the topic.  We're not going to change our views just cuz y'all keep questioning and mocking our beliefs. 

I am a Christian and I am not tired of the topic.  I do not see where, in the OP, any one was mocking any thing. 

I certainly do not expect any one to change their views.  That would require more than some people have to offer.  Speaking in general terms.   I do, however, have an expectation that some day, people will realize how they see things, their view, is not the view for others and excluding others is ten times worse than any thing any Bible says about some one who is who they are.

I am also Christian. It wasn't meant to 'incite the Christians' it was meant to offer insight.

Because gays exist. They aren't going away. God hasn't wiped them from the earth and they deserve equality, equity, acceptance and to live without fear and hatred being aimed their way.

I absolutely agree with you.  

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I fully admit that seeing that photo gags me. I'm so hetero that I can't imagine wanting to be in the kind of relationship I have with my husband, with a woman. BUT, I want people to be able to love whomever they wish and live happily as a couple with the same perks that I get because I married a man.

The photo doesn't make me gag but I have always been honest in that I just don't like the idea of girl on girl sex.  It is not for me.  I can't imagine having that type of relationship.  But I do admire those who do not succumb to the weakness of others and live their lives as others feel they should.  The love between many gay couples is a thousand times stronger than many heterosexual couples I know.

This is the type of attitude that I can get on board with. Homosexual sex does not 'ick me out' in all honesty but I am heterosexual.

I admire strong love, bonds and affection. It should be ENCOURAGED rather than discouraged. It is a weakness to try to repress someone for doing it differently.

Ellen and Portia's relationship has done what to the world? Their love has destroyed how many families? OR did their love add a family to the world? Just wanted to add that to your words of wisdom here.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM

simply because I love watching this very awesome video ... 

lga1965
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM

LOL !

Quoting Momniscient:

THE BIBLE DESTROYED SAN FRANCISCO??????

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL? WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE NEWS?

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

What happened to the "My life, my choice" approach that women on here are so fond of?

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)