Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Although I dunno who could not be attracted to this guy ;)

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you want the whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve thing?

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Erm....biology?

It just happened the way it happens for most people, straight or gay. 

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM
My husband smells good.

Girls usually smell too "pretty"

I like a nice manly musk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I don't discriminate based on genitals or genes.
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:22 AM

My heterosexual mother and closeted transgender father.

Somehow I still managed to turn out heterosexual.  Go figure.

lga1965
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
4 moms liked this

I had my first real heart-fluttering crush on a boy in kindergarten and haven't felt any different since then. It was BOYS for me. :-)

I didn't know a thing about sex ,had no clue,until I was about 13  after my mom had "the talk " with me and then I read more details in a "marriage manual" my Mom had. I thought the description of sex sounded absurd, know what I mean? But after I got over that initial shock...LOL...I was still attracted to the opposite sex only. However, I didn't try it out. :-) I waited a long time. And that kept me out of a lot of trouble.

I really think we are all born straight or gay. Its not a choice, its a feeling. Nothing persuaded me. I just liked the opposite sex.

Probably everyone knows that we are born with a sexual preference . Unfortunately, well-meaning but completely wrong and prejudicial people try to tell gays that they are "sinning".What a shame.They're not.

Neuro
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:30 AM

HAHAHAHA I get what you're doing and often and tempted to ask this question to people who say "being gay is a choice". So why did you choose to be hetero? How did you come to this conclusion? Try choosing to be gay, try it. It won't work.

Personally, I am bisexual. I always have a sexual attraction to the female body and my attraction to males was delayed until my late teen years. I would see a woman with a nice body and just love looking at her and practically drool over her and not even understand why. I had no idea why I loved seeing women dance or looked at women the way I did but couldn't look at men that way. I finally accepted that I like men and women. I wish I could have chosen to be normal, but I can't. I can't help myself. A pretty girl always catches my eye.

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

What's the point of this post?  Not being sarcastic, but most of us are beyond the point of "why" and are on to "what next." 

In any case, sexual attraction can be surprisingly fluid.  Even for a self-proclaimed gay man, he could find that one woman he falls in love with, and likewise for the self-proclaimed lesbian.  What is not so fluid, however, is the moral responsibilities inherently different between hetero mating relationships, and all others. The bisexual woman has two distinctly different challenges given her choice of male or female mate: with one a sexual relationship can lead to parenthood, with the other, no. Same case for a bisexual male: with the hetero encounter, it could result in the moral and legal obligations of fatherhood, with the same-sex encounter or a platonic relationship with anyone, no.

Ellen is a very entertaining person.  Here's her first appearance on Johnny Carson:

punky3175
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:47 AM
No influence - I just am. :-) I can appreciate a beautiful woman but I've never been sexually attracted to one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)