Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (301-310):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow.

Some of you are being way too nice to the crazy lady...

I'm so proud of y'all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Honestly, I've been attracted to both men and women before. I just fell in love with a man...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Are you still here?

Homos? You are an uneducated ignorant ass

Quoting LavenderMom23:

God did it, I didn't mean the phrase literally. LOL. And if I want to base my actions off a book, holy or not, that's my choice. I believe that you can stop yourself from falling in love with a minor, a dog, a brother, a ....pretty much society determines all kinds of rules of people we can't be with concenting or not, adult or not, and it isn't just homosexuals that society dictates. If we can dictate all those other groups and control their sexuality....then what makes homos so special that they are basically animals without self control of their sexuality? Just saying from a sociological perspective, not being homo has NOTHING to do with repressed sexuality

Quoting Bookwormy:

You believe the bible did it & not G-d? That's interesting...

So if the bible hadn't destroyed Sodom, would you be lesbian or bisexual? It must be so hard to repress your sexuality. I'm sorry.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I'm hetero because the bible destroyed an entire gay city.

thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
No, but her wife may be to blame. It could also have been he man and she ra. I never could decide which one I liked more.

Quoting Momniscient:

I hope it's not Ellen's fault ;)

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

I'm not ...

Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Lol...I failed.  I can't take this ass. 

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Wow.

I'm so proud of y'all!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Wow.

I'm so proud of y'all!

Gigglesnort..
I was drugged up, that is my excuse. 

Billiejeens
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, in normal circles, it's not.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I didn't know it was offensive, hence I also used the term hetero. Is hetero equally offensive? I'm not naturally attracted to anyone, culture has a way of dictating "human nature " according to my text book, sexuality is another one of those that ppl believe they have innately but research shows otherwise.

Quoting Bookwormy:

I'm not attracted to dogs, minors, & I have no siblings. But from your statement I'm assuming that you're attracted to women. Is that exclusively or are you naturally bisexual? I don't think that if you were exclusively attracted to say dogs, or plants for that matter, that sex with your husband would be enjoyable. I do believe that you could force yourself to do it, however, but you would still be repressing your sexuality. That's the differences about emotions versus behaviors versus thoughts. I just a therapy group about these differences earlier this week. (Not related to sexuality!). Nothing special about lesbians there at all. BTW, you needn't be offensive in your language choice. The term "homos" is disrespectful, in case you aren't aware; I thought I would educate you. Since you hope to be a nurse, you should know these things. So, I hope that you are bisexual naturally at least & not exclusively attracted to women so that you can enjoy sex with men, since your religion dictates this behavior. Good luck.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

God did it, I didn't mean the phrase literally. LOL. And if I want to base my actions off a book, holy or not, that's my choice. I believe that you can stop yourself from falling in love with a minor, a dog, a brother, a ....pretty much society determines all kinds of rules of people we can't be with concenting or not, adult or not, and it isn't just homosexuals that society dictates. If we can dictate all those other groups and control their sexuality....then what makes homos so special that they are basically animals without self control of their sexuality? Just saying from a sociological perspective, not being homo has NOTHING to do with repressed sexuality

Quoting Bookwormy:

So if the bible hadn't destroyed Sodom, would you be lesbian or bisexual? It must be so hard to repress your sexuality. I'm sorry.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I know my mil prefers the term lesbian, but that's not because she finds homo offensive, it is just that lesbian is more specific to her situation. For now at least, my mil still says she is attracted to men and that it is just this one gal that turns her on. LOL gotta love her

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I didn't know it was offensive, hence I also used the term hetero. Is hetero equally offensive? I'm not naturally attracted to anyone, culture has a way of dictating "human nature " according to my text book, sexuality is another one of those that ppl believe they have innately but research shows otherwise.

Quoting Bookwormy:

I'm not attracted to dogs, minors, & I have no siblings. But from your statement I'm assuming that you're attracted to women. Is that exclusively or are you naturally bisexual? I don't think that if you were exclusively attracted to say dogs, or plants for that matter, that sex with your husband would be enjoyable. I do believe that you could force yourself to do it, however, but you would still be repressing your sexuality. That's the differences about emotions versus behaviors versus thoughts. I just a therapy group about these differences earlier this week. (Not related to sexuality!). Nothing special about lesbians there at all. BTW, you needn't be offensive in your language choice. The term "homos" is disrespectful, in case you aren't aware; I thought I would educate you. Since you hope to be a nurse, you should know these things. So, I hope that you are bisexual naturally at least & not exclusively attracted to women so that you can enjoy sex with men, since your religion dictates this behavior. Good luck.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Billiejeens
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Dear God, please tell me that the one gal is NOT Rachael Maddow.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I know my mil prefers the term lesbian, but that's not because she finds homo offensive, it is just that lesbian is more specific to her situation. For now at least, my mil still says she is attracted to men and that it is just this one gal that turns her on. LOL gotta love her

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting LavenderMom23:

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

It's because of comments like this that threads like this shouldn't be deemed as "getting old."

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Do you want the whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve thing?

No, people post threads like this just to insite the Christians.  WE are the ones getting tired of the topic.  We're not going to change our views just cuz y'all keep questioning and mocking our beliefs. 

Poodles, I don't think most are challenging or mocking your beliefs I think they are hoping to gain better insight to the whole homosexual/heterosexual attraction.  Did someone or something influence it, or was it natural.  Just like you cannot image yourself in a same gender relationship whether G-d has called it taboo or not, others cannot image themselves in a man-woman relationship or a bi-sexual relationship.   I as well as others interpret G-d's commandment differently but that is another topic.  So, I hope for sake of this debate, no one was inciting or baiting you and other Christians beliefs.

butterfly on headlynda  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured