Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I'm pansexual and nothing influenced my sexual orientation. I've always been attracted to both sexes and have always been more attracted to someone I had a deep emotional connection with. When I was a kid and began realizing this I thought there was something wrong with me, so I pretended to be "normal" and just like boys. It wasn't until highschool that I began to let out the real me, and even later until I realized I was pansexual, not bisexual. I still am not "out" completely, there are some family members who don't need to know, but we aren't that close anyway which is why they don't need to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Nothing influenced me to be hetero.  I was born that way.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

That was cute

Quoting Meadowchik:

What's the point of this post?  Not being sarcastic, but most of us are beyond the point of "why" and are on to "what next." 

In any case, sexual attraction can be surprisingly fluid.  Even for a self-proclaimed gay man, he could find that one woman he falls in love with, and likewise for the self-proclaimed lesbian.  What is not so fluid, however, is the moral responsibilities inherently different between hetero mating relationship,s and all others. The bisexual woman has two distinctly different challenges given her choice of male or female mate: with one a sexual relationship can lead to parenthood, with the other, no. Same case for a bisexual male: with the hetero encounter, it could result in the moral and legal obligations of fatherhood, with the same-sex encounter or a platonic relationship with anyone, no.

Ellen is a very entertaining person.  Here's her first appearance on Johnny Carson:

Cubanmom84
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly... Penis .... I like Penis...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm still trying to figure out which I like better.... :) j/k

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
It's such an interesting question. I honestly have no idea but at some point it just became a lot more interesting to be chasing boys around the playground than girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have no idea. I certainly didn't make a conscious choice that I love men. I just know the first time I kissed a male it made all kinds of exciting things happen in my body, so I wanted more lol. 

I have "dabbled" with women but it has never excited me like men do. 

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hormones

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I'd Marry Portia deRossi. That lady is ridiculously hot. And she seems like a very kind person. 

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hmmm.  I think it was just my natural attraction to men.  My very earliest crushes were on boys, not girls.  So I think that was my first inclinations that I was heterosexual.

I would imagine it would be the same for homosexuals.

I say live and let live, love and let love.

PS:  That picture behind the words in the OP is absolutely adorable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)