Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (331-340):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Not much mocking in this post, but you surely must see it happens--a lot --to the Christians here.  We are heckled and put down for our beliefs.  I have a few that think I'm an idiot and have said so.  Our beliefs are just so foreign to their "scientific" minds that they just can't fathom where we're coming from

You're right. I cannot fathom "I believe you are disgusting and unnatural and wrong, and you need to repent. But I only say that because I love you." 

As someone else pointed out, many people's beliefs are bashed and mocked. Not just yours. 

That is a very interesting quote.

Very very interesting.

Poodles. I do not hate you I just hate some of your beliefs.

Hmm. I guess that is okay.

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was growing up in the south WAY back in the 60s & 70s, my Mom taught me that it didn't matter who you loved and who loved you as long as there was respect and humor. Of course back then it was more a mixed race relationship, not so much a same sex relationship she was speaking of. Those rules I think still apply.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You bet.

Love. That's what matters.

Quoting dawnie1:

When I was growing up in the south WAY back in the 60s & 70s, my Mom taught me that it didn't matter who you loved and who loved you as long as there was respect and humor. Of course back then it was more a mixed race relationship, not so much a same sex relationship she was speaking of. Those rules I think still apply.

MrsMarie9497
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

The wonderful creation of Adam and Eve.............The fact that only male and female can reproduce, and OOOOOH, what a feeling to have my hubby's strong masculinity to cuddle with every night.  Its a beautiful thing!  But what also did it for me was the fear of being cast from the presence of God for all eternity into the lake of fire!  How do I know there is a God?  no, question for you.....HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ISNT?  Talk about being "scared straight." 

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

So you would rather have sex with a girl, but aren't for fear of being cast into a lake of fire?  I swear, you religious people crack me up! 

Quoting MrsMarie9497:

The wonderful creation of Adam and Eve.............The fact that only male and female can reproduce, and OOOOOH, what a feeling to have my hubby's strong masculinity to cuddle with every night.  Its a beautiful thing!  But what also did it for me was the fear of being cast from the presence of God for all eternity into the lake of fire!  How do I know there is a God?  no, question for you.....HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ISNT?  Talk about being "scared straight." 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Quoting MrsMarie9497:

I'm straight-ish. And I have four boy-children. And every time I was pregnant with them I wanted nothing to do with boys.

I wanted a girl. Every time.

Wasn't real concerned with the lake of fire.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

You only toe the line cause your scared?

Wow. So you are attracted to women but deny your sexuality because of fear?

Interesting.

Quoting MrsMarie9497:

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, so you are straight because you're scared? Should not one truly love G-d and not fear him?  Besides the relationship of people have whether hetero or same sex does not guarantee a place in heaven or hell.  G-d loves all of us (for all of those that believe in G-d), and there will be a place in heaven for all.   

Quoting MrsMarie9497:

butterfly on headlynda  

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Not much mocking in this post, but you surely must see it happens--a lot --to the Christians here.  We are heckled and put down for our beliefs.  I have a few that think I'm an idiot and have said so.  Our beliefs are just so foreign to their "scientific" minds that they just can't fathom where we're coming from. 

I know Poodles, I see it a lot directed perhaps too much directed at you and the muslimahs. I have seen some directed at the atheist moms too. I don't think you're beliefs are so foreign, (can't speak for them), but I don't think they grew up with a book of scientific theories from the time they were toddlers.  I do wish we could treat each other more respectfully while debating on the subject of religions and science.  

butterfly on headlynda  

lga1965
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting MrsMarie9497:

So the fear of being "cast into the lake of fire" is what makes you straight? Okie dokie.

I'm straight because I was born straght and yet...fear of The lake of fire" would never scare me into anything. Mainly because there isn't one. And Adam and Eve were fictional characters that are SYMBOLS, not real people.

If you found put that the Bible was fiction and that there was no "lake of fire" would you still prefer men?

I'm not scared of anything and I still prefer men.

I am amused......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)