Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what influenced you to be heterosexual?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

This is getting super old. And unjustifiably ignorant. For one thing, scientifically impossible. Another thing, completely redundant and ignorant. Adam and Eve did not make you straight. 

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Do you want the whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve thing?

NewMom11222011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Sing it Gaga-Born this Way

Mama2Spencerninja

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Forever, I've been attracted to boys. However, in the past year I've really come to appreciate women. Part of that came about through my journey to accept my body. I have found that in order for me to accept my body as it is (super curvy) I had to stop judging other women's bodies and learn to appreciate them along with appreciating mine. That led to me realizing just how hot we ladies really are. Like damn. Holy smokes. We are ridiculously hot. I don't feel so attracted to Ellen but I'd definitely tap her wife Portia if I had the chance. And Christina Hendricks. And Selma Hayek. 

Also, for some really strange reason that I cannot explain, I'd totally do a young Cathy Bates. There is something about that woman. Her role in Friend Green Tomatoes just knocks me over. Also in Dolores Claiborne. 

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Just for the fun of it, I asked my husband the question as well.  Just to get the man's perspective too.  This is what he had to say.  And keep in mind, this was asked through IM so his answers are purposely short and sweet.

boobs
society played a part - u expected to date the opposite sex
plus internal feelings...hormones drived my to the opposite sex
"feeling tingle inside"
lol

Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

what influenced me to be hetrosexual is boys seem to have more fun parts than girls

but dh has shown me that girls in fact have more fun parts, so now i want to try the other side!

Honestly, if I wasn't married I would be interested in trying out the other side.  Sex with another woman does not gross me out.  Not sure if it completely turns me on, but that's why I would like to try it.  But I'm not going to break my marriage to do so.

I still think I definitely lean more heterosexual.  My very first crush that I remember was in 1st grade and it was on a boy.  In HS, my super-charged hormones definitely were screaming BOYS!  But I wouldn't be surprised if I had some hidden lesbian tendencies.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Strictly... you know what.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I luv Ellen - Ellen is not offensive in any way.

Quoting Meadowchik:

What's the point of this post?  Not being sarcastic, but most of us are beyond the point of "why" and are on to "what next." 

In any case, sexual attraction can be surprisingly fluid.  Even for a self-proclaimed gay man, he could find that one woman he falls in love with, and likewise for the self-proclaimed lesbian.  What is not so fluid, however, is the moral responsibilities inherently different between hetero mating relationships, and all others. The bisexual woman has two distinctly different challenges given her choice of male or female mate: with one a sexual relationship can lead to parenthood, with the other, no. Same case for a bisexual male: with the hetero encounter, it could result in the moral and legal obligations of fatherhood, with the same-sex encounter or a platonic relationship with anyone, no.

Ellen is a very entertaining person.  Here's her first appearance on Johnny Carson:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I fully admit that seeing that photo gags me. I'm so hetero that I can't imagine wanting to be in the kind of relationship I have with my husband, with a woman. BUT, I want people to be able to love whomever they wish and live happily as a couple with the same perks that I get because I married a man.

Is it weird that I am more comfortable seeing two women together in this type of embrace than two men?

Op, who influenced me to be hetero? Snow white? Cinderella? Little House? My parents? Being hetero wasn't just something I was taught, it is who I am. Being taught to be or "act" a certain way doesn't mean it is who you are.  Anyone that turns 18 and leaves the nest knows this. 

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:14 AM

She is simply trying to say that it's not a choice, the post is silly and way out of date really.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Great quote, lovely picture.

For me, it was my naughty tingly bits....my hormones were stirred up by males much more than females, so, I am not gay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured