Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The decline of a spouse.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 2 Replies

As we age and succumb to illness people deteriorate.  I had done elder care and seen people get really mean .  My own grandmother never hurt a fly and got pretty mean as she slipped away.

Do you hold people who are altered responsible for their behavior even if its your spouse?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:00 AM

No, older people can say and do what they want. I have seen it with older family before they pass away and I do not take how they act to heart.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 AM
My husband came home from his latest deployment with a brain injury, he is not a bad man, but is is not the quiet listener type he was before. He has little to not attention span and is very irritable. He used to be sweet, now he's kind of a jackass. He's working on it in therapy, he knows he's not the same and it bothers him.

Do I give him more leeway before I get snotty back? Much more than at first. I'm learning too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN