Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are wealthy people discouraged from shopping at Goodwill?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was talking with my mom recently and she mentioned that people who are well-off shouldn't shop at places like Goodwill. They should leave it for those who cannot afford to shop elsewhere. Is this a common feeling among society? While her reasoning makes sense in a way, I also know there are people who prefer to buy used clothing in their effort to be 'green', among many other reasons.  I never really thought about this before.

So, what say you? Should those who are well-off leave goodwill items to those less fortunate?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Replies (81-81):
ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM

The majority of clothing I get for my boys is either from Salvation Army, Bibs 'N' Britches (not bitches lol ) and from an online buy and sell group on facebook for my area. With the buy and sell I get the best deals, directly from the person. Example, I got 80+ pieces of clothing sized 24 mos - 3T for my YDS for $50! Yup less than a dollar a peice. That rocks for me. Some items are a bit more worn, but I don't care. I have a nearly 2 year old, it's gonna get messy. My oldest is generally B 'N' B or Salvation Army. I will go to Ross if I want to go to a non-thrift store. I love what they have and for the prices they have them. I usually don't care for name brand, but some of it is better quality. Especially when it comes to shoes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)