Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So should 18 year old girls start having to sign up for selected service this year or next year?

Posted by   + Show Post

If they are going to be allowed in combat because women are equal, they need to be treated equally everywhere and have to register just like 18 year old boys.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Replies (401-408):
ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Quoting AMBG825:

I do. My husband does do half the housework. And he does care for the kids half the time. We work opposite schedules. I work day shift, he works night shift. He gets them up and gets them off to school while I get them to bed. And he has 2 boys from his previous marriage that he did 90% of the work. One of them hasn't even spoken to his mother in 4 years.

Quoting ReginaStar:

I wonder how many of yall preaching men and women are equals are actually living a lifestyle that is what you preach. How many of you truthfully have husbands who are doing 50% of the household chores and cooking. How many of you have husbands that are truthfully there and doing 50% of taking care of your children (meaning you are not the primary caregiver). How many of you who are divorced or have children outside your marriage who truthfully share 50% of child's time with their father. 

If he works evenings when the kids are actually at home how is he there 50% of the time? 

Jaliyah  My video here

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM

YOU care what they are doing. That doesn't mean everyone else has or needs to. Equality does not mean equal. Men and women are not equal. Their culture is very different. You brought up underage pregnancies. One's culture has alot to do with that. 

Quoting tweety101149:

So this is America, where all are created equal?  Their culture is not completely different.  They are a democracy similary to ours. We should care what they are doing.  Females serve there I believe for 18 months,  in all areas of military including frontlines.  They are equal citizens in every way. Physical differences don't mean men must serve and women don't have to.

ETA: I am done for tonight,  It is late...going to sleep.

Quoting ReginaStar:

This is America not Israel. We don't care what they are doing. That's them. Their culture is completely different from ours.  

Quoting tweety101149:

OMG, I know what you said had nothing to do with menstral cycle. But, everything, brought up or discussed  regarding women in the service (signing up or registering) I am sure has been faced by the Israeli army since they require women to serve.   Of course I am repeating myself I know, the Israelis do not have as many underage pregnancies as this country does. 

Quoting ReginaStar:

What I said has nothing to do with a women's menstrual. If she's pregnant she won't be having any menstruals. You want it to be mandatory but it is not and I highly doubt it will be in the US in my lifetime. 

You say women shouldn't have special privileges or considerations b/c they can bear children but as soon as a woman does bear a child you like anyone else are quick to give that woman a special privilege or consideration for it. This treating a woman the same way you treat a man goes right out the door when she is with child so quit acting like men and women are equals. We are not. 

Quoting tweety101149:

Like I said earlier to anothe mom regarding menstral cycles,  during a time of war (G-d forbid) there is way to work it out I am sure,  the Israeli army does it all the time, of course, they do not have as many unage  pregnancies as we do. But females must service, it is manditory.

Jaliyah  My video here

AMBG825
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:03 AM

He doesn' go into work until 7 pm. I don't get home until around 6 pm. The last kid gets home at 4:15. I admit I do the majority of the cooking because I like to cook. But he will cook for himself. But when I get home, the house is picked up. Floors are swept and mopped (no carpeting.) The dogs have been walked and the kids are usually doing their homework. There is usually even a load of laundry in the wash that all I have to do is toss in the dryer.

I travel for my job. I'm gone at last one week a month for work. DH does 100% during that time. I've never come home to the house wrecked, kids turning feral or worse ....the house competely gone up in smoke.

And both of us were in the Navy. We met on the U.S.S Nimitz. Between the 2 of us, I'm the one with combat experience. He got his combat medals after he got out.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting AMBG825:

I do. My husband does do half the housework. And he does care for the kids half the time. We work opposite schedules. I work day shift, he works night shift. He gets them up and gets them off to school while I get them to bed. And he has 2 boys from his previous marriage that he did 90% of the work. One of them hasn't even spoken to his mother in 4 years.

Quoting ReginaStar:

I wonder how many of yall preaching men and women are equals are actually living a lifestyle that is what you preach. How many of you truthfully have husbands who are doing 50% of the household chores and cooking. How many of you have husbands that are truthfully there and doing 50% of taking care of your children (meaning you are not the primary caregiver). How many of you who are divorced or have children outside your marriage who truthfully share 50% of child's time with their father. 

If he works evenings when the kids are actually at home how is he there 50% of the time? 

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM

You have your opinions I have mine., you want men to fight for this country, but when it comes to jobs you think equality should be practiced.., I think veterans MEN AND WOMEN  should be preferred over all if they are qualified. Civilians have the luxury of jobs while soldiers are overseas fighting  for us. When they come home they come home to what?  NO JOBS.. sorry they shoul be the first on the list to be hired.  .

I am now done with this agrument.  You and I will never agree.

Quoting ReginaStar:

YOU care what they are doing. That doesn't mean everyone else has or needs to. Equality does not mean equal. Men and women are not equal. Their culture is very different. You brought up underage pregnancies. One's culture has alot to do with that. 

Quoting tweety101149:

So this is America, where all are created equal?  Their culture is not completely different.  They are a democracy similary to ours. We should care what they are doing.  Females serve there I believe for 18 months,  in all areas of military including frontlines.  They are equal citizens in every way. Physical differences don't mean men must serve and women don't have to.

Quoting ReginaStar:

This is America not Israel. We don't care what they are doing. That's them. Their culture is completely different from ours.  

Quoting tweety101149:

OMG, I know what you said had nothing to do with menstral cycle. But, everything, brought up or discussed  regarding women in the service (signing up or registering) I am sure has been faced by the Israeli army since they require women to serve.   Of course I am repeating myself I know, the Israelis do not have as many underage pregnancies as this country does. 

Quoting ReginaStar:

What I said has nothing to do with a women's menstrual. If she's pregnant she won't be having any menstruals. You want it to be mandatory but it is not and I highly doubt it will be in the US in my lifetime. 

You say women shouldn't have special privileges or considerations b/c they can bear children but as soon as a woman does bear a child you like anyone else are quick to give that woman a special privilege or consideration for it. This treating a woman the same way you treat a man goes right out the door when she is with child so quit acting like men and women are equals. We are not. 

Quoting tweety101149:

Like I said earlier to anothe mom regarding menstral cycles,  during a time of war (G-d forbid) there is way to work it out I am sure,  the Israeli army does it all the time, of course, they do not have as many unage  pregnancies as we do. But females must service, it is manditory.

butterfly on headlynda  

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I think when it comes to jobs men should not be paid more to do the same job. I think a woman who is able should not be turned down b/c she is a woman. If a woman is not physically able b/c she is a woman yes she SHOULD be turned down. If based on performance in a job where men and women are both preforming and there is more men preforming better than the women and a few nerd to be selected for a higher position I think it should go to those who performing best even if it's not the women. I don't think being a woman should allow you get a job your not as fully capable of doing. Women and men are not equal but men should not be treated as superior beings for it. There is a difference. 

Quoting tweety101149:

You have your opinions I have mine., you want men to fight for this country, but when it comes to jobs you think equality should be practiced.., I think veterans MEN AND WOMEN  should be preferred over all if they are qualified. Civilians have the luxury of jobs while soldiers are overseas fighting  for us. When they come home they come home to what?  NO JOBS.. sorry they shoul be the first on the list to be hired.  .

I am now done with this agrument.  You and I will never agree.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting tweety101149:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting tweety101149:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting tweety101149:

Jaliyah  My video here

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:58 PM

He does that every new Congress.  Like clockwork.

Quoting Woodbabe:

And it begins....

http://thehill.com/video/house/283387-rangel-to-introduce-legislation-to-reinstating-the-draft-

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
No but I would rather not have my sons signed up either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured