Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Muslim Street Patrols Enforcing Sharia on London Streets

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 221 Replies

I first heard about this on CNN this morning. Some men took it upon themselves to walk the streets at night and approach random people who were drinking alcohol or women who, in their perspective, were improperly dressed. I can't imagine being approached on the street by someone telling me I was in violation of Muslim law!  I couldn't find a link to an article but I found a video on youtube. I also found a video with a response from an Imam. I think it's only fair to show both links. 

The Imam starts out praying in Arabic but he quickly switches to English. I think he is worth listening to.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/frontpagemag-com/video-muslims-enforcing-sharia-law-on-the-streets-of-london/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ximDWt18kE4

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I like pie.

They are in violation of Islam... Muslims are not to force their beliefs on others.

Neither are the Jewish, I believe. 

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM
5 moms liked this

I've heard of this happening in France too. I think it's a load of bull$hit! Stay in your own country and practice your own laws.

These men should be arrested for violating the law of this country. (I don't know which law that would be, but you get my point). lol

Imacakebaker
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM
6 moms liked this

They should all move back to Muslim countries and leave the rest of us alone.

Sharia law is just an excuse to do whatever the men want.

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

I like pie.

They are in violation of Islam... Muslims are not to force their beliefs on others.

Neither are the Jewish, I believe. 

The Imam says that too. They are to present it but not force it, it's up to people to come to Islam or not, on their own. He also says these men will be accountable for their behavior before Allah. 

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Ok.  I was about to call bullpoop and slam this as impossible.  But  I googled Muslim Patrol London and it's real.   Here's a huffpost article (I like Huffpost, so too bad if you think it's biased).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/28/man-comes-forward-in-hunt_n_2567226.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Good news - they are being arrested.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
6 moms liked this
Their own country? If they were born in the UK should they just go to the other side of the island?

Quoting happinessforyou:

I've heard of this happening in France too. I think it's a load of bull$hit! Stay in your own country and practice your own laws.

These men should be arrested for violating the law of this country. (I don't know which law that would be, but you get my point). lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM

It's real. I believe the video is posted by the actual men who did this but I could be wrong. 

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Didn't realize that every Muslim in England was born in England. But if they want to practice an extreme religion wouldn't it just be easier on them and the people around them if they went to a country that espouses the same religion ideals?

I really don't care where they are from-they have no right to try to force their relgious "laws/beliefs" onto others. What is happening in France has actually broke out in violence on occasion.

Quoting LauraKW:

Their own country? If they were born in the UK should they just go to the other side of the island?

Quoting happinessforyou:

Imacakebaker
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM
9 moms liked this

Just wait until it starts happening here.  They will get away with it and libs will defend them.

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I hadn't heard about this happening in France. I do have to wonder what is going through the minds of people like this. How do they think can force their beliefs on others and why do they think they should? It is disturbing. It's not different than people who think abortion is wrong and so harass women going into clinics. It's not different than Christians who try to pass legislation against gay marriage because they think it's wrong. It's all the same type of thinking and all disturbing. 

Quoting happinessforyou:

Didn't realize that every Muslim in England was born in England. But if they want to practice an extreme religion wouldn't it just be easier on them and the people around them if they went to a country that espouses the same religion ideals?

I really don't care where they are from-they have no right to try to force their relgious "laws/beliefs" onto others. What is happening in France has actually broke out in violence on occasion.

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting happinessforyou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)