Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Muslim Street Patrols Enforcing Sharia on London Streets

Posted by   + Show Post

I first heard about this on CNN this morning. Some men took it upon themselves to walk the streets at night and approach random people who were drinking alcohol or women who, in their perspective, were improperly dressed. I can't imagine being approached on the street by someone telling me I was in violation of Muslim law!  I couldn't find a link to an article but I found a video on youtube. I also found a video with a response from an Imam. I think it's only fair to show both links. 

The Imam starts out praying in Arabic but he quickly switches to English. I think he is worth listening to.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/frontpagemag-com/video-muslims-enforcing-sharia-law-on-the-streets-of-london/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ximDWt18kE4

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM
6 moms liked this

and imagine that, the Muslim leaders condemned the actions and called for Muslim citizens to speak out against this behavior.  

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Wait...  You mean, it was just two guys?  And they didn't represent all of Britain's Muslims?

It wasn't, like, official?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Arrests over 'Muslim Patrol' vigilante videos in London

Muslims react with horror to footage of men harassing the public in the name of Islam
LAST UPDATED AT 14:26 ON WED 23 JAN 2013

TWO MEN have been arrested after videos of 'Islamic vigilantes' patrolling the streets of East London and harassing members of the public were posted online. The footage shows men ordering people to move away from a 'Muslim area' for various reasons including their sexuality and clothing.

The London Evening Standard reports that the two men, aged 19 and 22, were held by police over an attack on a group of four people in Shoreditch earlier this month. But the paper adds: "Police have also questioned the men in connection with video clips uploaded on to YouTube in which members of a group calling themselves Muslim Patrol confront members of the public."

The first of the videos appeared last week and it was followed up another clip that showed the vigilantes abusing a gay man and telling him to "get out" of their neighbourhood.

Western women are referred to as "naked animals with no self-respect" by the vigilantes and in the first clip a woman in a mini-skirt is ordered to cover up. Bemused passers-by are ordered to throw away "evil" alcohol by the gang as they are in a "Muslim area" and throughout the three minutes of footage members of the patrol repeatedly drone the words "Muslim patrol", at one point even adding "have a good day".

The clip ends with the narrator apparently blaming a traffic accident on the fact that a cyclist had disobeyed Sharia Law.

The second video shows members of the Muslim Patrol abusing a gay man as he makes his way through East London. The gang warn him that he is "walking through a Muslim area dressed like a fag".

They tell him: "Get out of here you fag... Don't stay around here any more." He is also accused of being "dirty" and is abused for apparently wearing makeup.

The East London Mosque has moved fast to distance itself from the footage. "These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord," it said. "We wholly condemn them. The actions of this tiny minority have no place in our faith nor on our streets."

Writing in The Independent, Muslim academic Hasnet Lais compared the vigilantes to a "Mutaween-like lynch mob", a reference to the Saudi Arabian religious police. "If ordinary Britons are becoming casualties of this kind of morality police, surely it's the duty of civic-minded Muslims to protect their neighbourhoods from all the clerical bullying?" he added.

He said such radical tactics were bound to stir up hate, and there was certainly outrage among readers of the Daily Mail and elsewhere on the internet, but Lais insisted: "Contrary to the fevered fantasies of racists, these kinds of activities are limited to a few oddballs in the British Muslim community."

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/51155/arrests-over-muslim-patrol-vigilante-videos-london#ixzz2JgdRSnhH

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I know it's long but the response I posted was from an orthodox Muslim Imam and it was great. I think it would be hard to find someone who disagrees with what he has to say.

Quoting katy_kay08:

and imagine that, the Muslim leaders condemned the actions and called for Muslim citizens to speak out against this behavior.  

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Wait...  You mean, it was just two guys?  And they didn't represent all of Britain's Muslims?

Quoting katy_kay08:

Arrests over 'Muslim Patrol' vigilante videos in London

Muslims react with horror to footage of men harassing the public in the name of Islam
LAST UPDATED AT 14:26 ON WED 23 JAN 2013

TWO MEN have been arrested after videos of 'Islamic vigilantes' patrolling the streets of East London and harassing members of the public were posted online. The footage shows men ordering people to move away from a 'Muslim area' for various reasons including their sexuality and clothing.

The London Evening Standard reports that the two men, aged 19 and 22, were held by police over an attack on a group of four people in Shoreditch earlier this month. But the paper adds: "Police have also questioned the men in connection with video clips uploaded on to YouTube in which members of a group calling themselves Muslim Patrol confront members of the public."

The first of the videos appeared last week and it was followed up another clip that showed the vigilantes abusing a gay man and telling him to "get out" of their neighbourhood.

Western women are referred to as "naked animals with no self-respect" by the vigilantes and in the first clip a woman in a mini-skirt is ordered to cover up. Bemused passers-by are ordered to throw away "evil" alcohol by the gang as they are in a "Muslim area" and throughout the three minutes of footage members of the patrol repeatedly drone the words "Muslim patrol", at one point even adding "have a good day".

The clip ends with the narrator apparently blaming a traffic accident on the fact that a cyclist had disobeyed Sharia Law.

The second video shows members of the Muslim Patrol abusing a gay man as he makes his way through East London. The gang warn him that he is "walking through a Muslim area dressed like a fag".

They tell him: "Get out of here you fag... Don't stay around here any more." He is also accused of being "dirty" and is abused for apparently wearing makeup.

The East London Mosque has moved fast to distance itself from the footage. "These actions are utterly unacceptable and clearly designed to stoke tensions and sow discord," it said. "We wholly condemn them. The actions of this tiny minority have no place in our faith nor on our streets."

Writing in The Independent, Muslim academic Hasnet Lais compared the vigilantes to a "Mutaween-like lynch mob", a reference to the Saudi Arabian religious police. "If ordinary Britons are becoming casualties of this kind of morality police, surely it's the duty of civic-minded Muslims to protect their neighbourhoods from all the clerical bullying?" he added.

He said such radical tactics were bound to stir up hate, and there was certainly outrage among readers of the Daily Mail and elsewhere on the internet, but Lais insisted: "Contrary to the fevered fantasies of racists, these kinds of activities are limited to a few oddballs in the British Muslim community."

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/uk-news/51155/arrests-over-muslim-patrol-vigilante-videos-london#ixzz2JgdRSnhH

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I just posted the article to offer up another source before people said it wasn't true.  I'm going to go watch the video.  

Quoting KreatingMe:

I know it's long but the response I posted was from an orthodox Muslim Imam and it was great. I think it would be hard to find someone who disagrees with what he has to say.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM

The sad thing is, I first heard about this on CNN. I went digging myself and found this great response but none of the media will bother to reference anything like a response. I appreciate the other articles. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

I just posted the article to offer up another source before people said it wasn't true.  I'm going to go watch the video.  

Quoting KreatingMe:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Who are we importing? I want the batshits to go away.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Ok- if we have enough "bat shit" crazy people already-why would we IMPORT MORE?????

Quoting LauraKW:

I'm sure Dr Tiller's family would disagree with you on that no violence aspect.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Ok- but the last I heard, while being horribly obnoxious, the Crazy Cristians do not use violence to enforce their own "laws". Do you have any idea how horrible it is, as a woman, to live under Islamic Sharia Law? I really don't think the Crazy Cristians are even in the same league! lol

Quoting LauraKW:

Maybe the extreme right wing Christians should go to a country that espouses the same religious ideals? They have no right to try to force their religious "laws/beliefs" onto others.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Didn't realize that every Muslim in England was born in England. But if they want to practice an extreme religion wouldn't it just be easier on them and the people around them if they went to a country that espouses the same religion ideals?

I really don't care where they are from-they have no right to try to force their relgious "laws/beliefs" onto others. What is happening in France has actually broke out in violence on occasion.

Quoting LauraKW:

Their own country? If they were born in the UK should they just go to the other side of the island?

Quoting happinessforyou:

I've heard of this happening in France too. I think it's a load of bull$hit! Stay in your own country and practice your own laws.

These men should be arrested for violating the law of this country. (I don't know which law that would be, but you get my point). lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I'm really enjoying the video.  Thank you for sharing it.  The Imam has really encapsulated an idea that I've been trying to convey in another post.  I would share it there if I thought people would actually take the time to hear it.  

Quoting KreatingMe:

The sad thing is, I first heard about this on CNN. I went digging myself and found this great response but none of the media will bother to reference anything like a response. I appreciate the other articles. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting KreatingMe:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

we will? what else does your crystal ball tell you. 

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Just wait until it starts happening here.  They will get away with it and libs will defend them.

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM
8 moms liked this

I hope your cakes are better than your opinions and predictions.  

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Just wait until it starts happening here.  They will get away with it and libs will defend them.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Dangers of allowing a religious group such freedoms over the populace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this

dangers that come from individuals pushing their personal beliefs on others. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Dangers of allowing a religious group such freedoms over the populace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)