Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Muslim Street Patrols Enforcing Sharia on London Streets

Posted by   + Show Post

I first heard about this on CNN this morning. Some men took it upon themselves to walk the streets at night and approach random people who were drinking alcohol or women who, in their perspective, were improperly dressed. I can't imagine being approached on the street by someone telling me I was in violation of Muslim law!  I couldn't find a link to an article but I found a video on youtube. I also found a video with a response from an Imam. I think it's only fair to show both links. 

The Imam starts out praying in Arabic but he quickly switches to English. I think he is worth listening to.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/frontpagemag-com/video-muslims-enforcing-sharia-law-on-the-streets-of-london/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ximDWt18kE4

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
MrsHMS
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Anyone every been to Dearborn MI? You can hear the call to prayer and walking down the street you won't know you are in the good ol US of A.  We don't need to worry about that side of the pond we have our own concerns here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOzhgeGX8BM

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:44 PM

no-one here will defend religious persecution. This story is false, there are only rumors started by right wing christian groups to spread hate.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Just wait until it starts happening here.  They will get away with it and libs will defend them.

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

what do you mean this story is false?  Are you saying that these two men that were arrested weren't doing what they were recorded doing?  

Quoting mikiemom:

no-one here will defend religious persecution. This story is false, there are only rumors started by right wing christian groups to spread hate.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Just wait until it starts happening here.  They will get away with it and libs will defend them.

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Do you feel the same concern when you hear the church bells on Sunday morning?  

Quoting MrsHMS:

Anyone every been to Dearborn MI? You can hear the call to prayer and walking down the street you won't know you are in the good ol US of A.  We don't need to worry about that side of the pond we have our own concerns here.

SweetChild63
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM
5 moms liked this

I've said it before... when the right wing crazies and extremist muslims figure out they're on the same side, the rest of us are screwed. 

Quoting Imacakebaker:

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM

reading some of the responses it's clear people didn't take the time to watch the video.  It's too bad, it was good.  

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
When you give religious groups the right to have their own laws that conflict with the government's laws, you end up with individuals that believe they have the right to enforce those laws.

Quoting katy_kay08:

dangers that come from individuals pushing their personal beliefs on others. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Dangers of allowing a religious group such freedoms over the populace.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
6 moms liked this

OH.  MYGAWD.

You mean, you can hear Muslim calls to prayer just walking down the street???  And it didn't kill you dead on the spot?  

Oh those darned praying Muslims.  How DO WE survive?

(I quit smoking this week people.  Immature snark brought to you by lack of nicotine.)

Quoting MrsHMS:

lga1965
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

BS. The "Libs"? Are you a "Conservie"?  How about a "wingnut". Labels are unfair and sterotypical. If you sling insults, you will get them back.

dimwit.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I disagree.  I think individuals are always going to make decisions that go against the actual teachings and do so in the name of their faith.  That doesn't make the faith corrupt it makes the individual corrupt.  

As the Imam says, Shariah law is clear, non believers cannot be forced to accept it even when they live within an Islamic society.  

Quoting kailu1835:

When you give religious groups the right to have their own laws that conflict with the government's laws, you end up with individuals that believe they have the right to enforce those laws.

Quoting katy_kay08:

dangers that come from individuals pushing their personal beliefs on others. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Dangers of allowing a religious group such freedoms over the populace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN