Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you spank your dog?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 98 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mine ate all the jerky and is in major time out.

I have used a slap to thje rump or an upslap under the jowls in the past with animals.  I have also used a crop.

I havent gone near her today I am too mad and she knows it

Do you think dogs can benefit from physical discipline?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rotPferd
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

When I catch Riley eating the cat food, I will sneak up behind him and swat him on the butt, but that rarely happens. I think they know when they're in trouble. They have that "look" and slink away with tail  between legs lol.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

When our dogs used to be naughty, we'd make them go outside for a while.

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We do not spank the dog. When she is bad, she is sent outside and not allowed back in for awhile. 

USBrit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

When he was a puppy and made mistakes, I used to smack his rump. You should never hit a dog in the face. He has been with me for 5 years now and I never had to raise a hand to him. He knows in my voice if he is misbehaving. However, I read many dog books before getting him and to be honest he is the best dog I have ever had.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

You just reminded me of the old eddie murphy bit in Delirious...

"You know what I do when you ain't around, I kick that mutha fuckin dog eddie, you know why? Cause I hate the mutha fuckin dog, that's why..."

Good morning Rene! lol

Yes, we have been known to swat their asses for major offenses.

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Nope.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I'll swat. Rosie (my big one) is so curious and is always getting in to things. She stats obedience school next week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
We've hit my dog on the nose when it pees in the house or when he starts growling/snapping at the little ones. Then he goes outside. he hasn't done either in about 2 weeks.
Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
No
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I think that a crop tp the rump, whick makes a lot of noise can be very effective especially if you have dogs that are fighting.  The upwards slap can be used in various situations but it is an attention giver.  A spank to the rump induces shame IMO and can be helpful.

Had I caught her in the act she would have gotten a spannking.  Now she gets the cold shoulder and scolded.  I dont think spanking after the fact has any benefit at all.

I think I should say that with toys and miniatures I am sure all of this would be inappropruiate but precious is a bully dog who is about 80 lbs. I have never owned a small dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured