Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mine ate all the jerky and is in major time out.

I have used a slap to thje rump or an upslap under the jowls in the past with animals.  I have also used a crop.

I havent gone near her today I am too mad and she knows it

Do you think dogs can benefit from physical discipline?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (61-70):
Bigmetalchicken
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I don't. I don't use physical punishment on my kids, and my dog is WAY better behaved than the kids.  I have use physical punishment on a horse and a longhorn though. The horse stepped on my foot and bit my breast at the same time, so I smacked him in the face so he would let go of my boob.  The longhorn thought it would be fun to come running at me, and I had always heard that when a longhorn tries to bully you, you should punch it between the eyes, so I did. It worked.

ToYnyc
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

i dont spank my dog, he's gonna do what dogs do, i dont see how he would benefit from a spanking.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

We used to when he was a puppy but now that he's older we either put him in his crate or outside.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I've never had to (that I can think of). They're well trained and pretty disciplined. Usually it takes a word or a look to make them do the right thing. BUT...on occasion they are assholes. ha. Our voice changes when we talk to them, they're told to go to their bed, etc. They hang their heads in shame. And then after awhile, they come to us, sort of cowardly, to see if we've gotten over it.

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I think there's a difference between hitting/beating the dog & thumping their behind to get their attention off the negative behavior...

If the dog yelps then I have an issue.

I agree.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

jllcali
by Jane on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I know some who spank their monkeys.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw the title for this and thought...

This is about the jerky.

lol...

RainyDayLazy
by Rainy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
No. I say Aah Aah loudly and my dogs know they did something wrong. I am babysitting a yorkie and that stopped her tonight from humping my leg. Little perv lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It's always the little ones that go straight for the leg humping! LOL!

Quoting RainyDayLazy:

No. I say Aah Aah loudly and my dogs know they did something wrong. I am babysitting a yorkie and that stopped her tonight from humping my leg. Little perv lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Quoting jllcali:

I know some who spank their monkeys.....

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN