Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are you watching?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 51 Replies

I can't imagine not loving football but I know many people don't care for the game.

Me, I am so excited I can't sit still!!  Have been waiting a long time for these guys to get back in to the Super Bowl!

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those of you on my FB, my apologies, although not heartfelt, for all the Niners posts. lol

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I think the sport is slow and boring to watch. I'd prefer hockey, soccer, gymnastics, or basketball. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting desertlvn:

Nope. I think the sport is slow and boring to watch. I'd prefer hockey, soccer, gymnastics, or basketball. 

Loooooove hockey and soccer.  Gymnastics as well.  Not a huge fan of bb but I do enjoy a good game now and then.

Football is in my blood.  Wish I had been around when my dad played for the LA Rams.  That would have been something to see.

The_Doodle
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I have no interest in any sports at all. Thankfully I married a guy who, although he can follow a sports game better than I can, feels the same way. I don't even know if we get sports channels or not....

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Neither team does anything for me, I'm just here for the commercials! LOL

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Maybe the problem is my attention span. LOL! I just can't seem to retain focus on football.

I'm taking the kids to the roller rink tonight instead. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting desertlvn:

Loooooove hockey and soccer.  Gymnastics as well.  Not a huge fan of bb but I do enjoy a good game now and then.

Football is in my blood.  Wish I had been around when my dad played for the LA Rams.  That would have been something to see.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We are having a party. I am going to be in charge of entertaining the kids, about a dozen ages 3 to 8.

Made some chili and going to serve it over fritos..my favorite way.

Jers.
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, it's all about the commericals.  Those Clydesdales never fail to make me tear up lol

lga1965
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting desertlvn:

That is cool!  I would be a big fan too if my Dad played football.

I like to be there ---to watch Baseball or Soccer ---but I'm not a sports fan and won't be watching today except for commercials...maybe.    :-)

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Oh, we'll be watching. This is it for football until June! That's 4 whole months with nothing but maybe some arena ball and hockey.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, I prefer my CFL and college, but any football is better than no football. I'm cheering for the Ravens today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I am pretty excited, though still bummed the Seahawks won't be there...Next year ;) (we always say that, right?). I'm heating up some chicken wings and just hanging out at home for the game today, but dh and I love football and will be noisy enough. DD also likes to follow the game (I wouldn't say she watches the whole thing) and has her favorites. We're all rooting for the niners here, since dh's family is from the bay area-ish. Woot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN