Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People should really not call Walmart stupid

Posted by   + Show Post

They know what is up today

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Replies (41-48):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

that is fine and well but as long as I am counting pennies my money will go to the lower prices if you target lovers have issues with that too bad,  you don't pay our bills  

wow smh

Quoting autodidact:

well, I'm not a fan of corporate welfare for one of the richest families in America.

Quoting glitterteaz:

in tx Medicaid and public health option cover very few so still really doesnt apply in tx

Quoting autodidact:

no, you pay through your taxes, because they design their schedules so that few of their employees qualify for health care, but instead for medicaid, and many for foodstamps. 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/dec/06/alan-grayson/alan-grayson-says-more-walmart-employees-medicaid-/

Quoting glitterteaz:

nope I have never been over charged I watch every penny. I would also be busting my friends chops if it rang up more than stated. When I have noticed a mistake is buying clearance and it rang up normal a quick price check and that was fixed. hell I am footing the bill for their paychecks period. I am shopping there so yes I am aware I am paying these people like I would be at any store

Quoting autodidact:

you do realize you're paying more than the price shown on the price tags there, right? 

you're also footing the bill for a lot of their employees' healthcare. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

We  only have a Walmart here but it is well kept and the price is right. I do not get the hate of the store to shop at. Target is twice the price for the same things with the same labels. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I didn't say fuck all about Target. I said Walmart has fucked up practices. support what you want, I never told you not to. 

in fact, I never said anything about you or what you should do at all. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is fine and well but as long as I am counting pennies my money will go to the lower prices if you target lovers have issues with that too bad,  you don't pay our bills  

wow smh

Quoting autodidact:

well, I'm not a fan of corporate welfare for one of the richest families in America.

Quoting glitterteaz:

in tx Medicaid and public health option cover very few so still really doesnt apply in tx

Quoting autodidact:

no, you pay through your taxes, because they design their schedules so that few of their employees qualify for health care, but instead for medicaid, and many for foodstamps. 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/dec/06/alan-grayson/alan-grayson-says-more-walmart-employees-medicaid-/

Quoting glitterteaz:

nope I have never been over charged I watch every penny. I would also be busting my friends chops if it rang up more than stated. When I have noticed a mistake is buying clearance and it rang up normal a quick price check and that was fixed. hell I am footing the bill for their paychecks period. I am shopping there so yes I am aware I am paying these people like I would be at any store

Quoting autodidact:

you do realize you're paying more than the price shown on the price tags there, right? 

you're also footing the bill for a lot of their employees' healthcare. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

We  only have a Walmart here but it is well kept and the price is right. I do not get the hate of the store to shop at. Target is twice the price for the same things with the same labels. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM

People really should. 

Karen2313
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM

We have a couple of pretty nice Walmarts where were at but I do prefer shopping at Target.  Yes, the pic is funny.

PestPatti
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Our local Walmart donates to the school district.    They post the amounts on their "community" board at the store.  

Quoting lga1965:

Its only a few cents more! LOL. PLUS, Target contributes 5% of sales to schools in the area .  What does WalMart do?

Quoting glitterteaz:

enjoy i do not have cash to trash

Quoting lga1965:

I would rather pay more at Target.

Quoting glitterteaz:

they know a short 20min drive to target also a friend is the manager he has a fit over making sure our store has a good name. There are other stores, but they are the only all in one type store. When target is selling the exact same brands at higher cost there is no value

Quoting Sisteract:

The answer to your question is in the first phrase that you wrote.

That is the exact strategy of WM- the "only" is darn close to being a monopoly in many areas.

When WM is all there is, what will happen to:

Quality

Price

Supply

Quoting glitterteaz:

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Yeah that is kinda funny
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Ours match what groups earn from fundraising outside their doors.

Quoting PestPatti:

Our local Walmart donates to the school district.    They post the amounts on their "community" board at the store.  

Quoting lga1965:

Its only a few cents more! LOL. PLUS, Target contributes 5% of sales to schools in the area .  What does WalMart do?

Quoting glitterteaz:

enjoy i do not have cash to trash

Quoting lga1965:

I would rather pay more at Target.

Quoting glitterteaz:

they know a short 20min drive to target also a friend is the manager he has a fit over making sure our store has a good name. There are other stores, but they are the only all in one type store. When target is selling the exact same brands at higher cost there is no value

Quoting Sisteract:

The answer to your question is in the first phrase that you wrote.

That is the exact strategy of WM- the "only" is darn close to being a monopoly in many areas.

When WM is all there is, what will happen to:

Quality

Price

Supply

Quoting glitterteaz:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

All this talk about Target being superior and those who shop there are so much better than any one who shops at Wal Mart..............is comical.

I'm no fan of WM but I have shopped there a bit and I know I probably will again.  Target is too far away but my walking in that door to shop, at any given time, or all the time, does not automatically make me a better person. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN