Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think about the fighting on field

I havent watched the SB since Art Modell stole my team, the very same team playing tonight lol.  I dont remember the fighting during the superbowl.

Wow

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (51-51):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

my nephew is a toothpick...tiny but boy he can tackle...again no fear.

Scrum halfs have the most important work to do and the most criticized job IMO

Quoting Sisteract:

My boy is the scrum half- so a smaller player, but he plays like he's one of the bigger guys.

Quoting turtle68:

Dang...that is a lot of injuries.  I dont think Ive ever heard of that many injuries except at maybe a professional level. 

Rucking of the ball is always a danger...that is why its now illegal for a person on the ground near the ball to be near that ball..they have to roll away.  Sometimes that isnt a possibility...but its a dog act to do if done intentionally and has been the reason behind a few punch ups on the field.

My 11yo girl plays rugby and is good....she is in her final year as she cant play after 12 in a mixed comp.  She has no fear ...which is good and bad all at the same time LOL

Quoting Sisteract:

My son has played rugby for 8 years (he is a college Sr.) Brutal- multiple broken bones, surgeries, tears, concussions. 2 weeks ago he came home with the outline of a cleat across his face and forehead- Yes, he supported cleat marks + bruises across his face for a week.

Quoting turtle68:

I went to a match my nephew was playing in under 11yo rugby league( a real thugs game) and the parents got into a brawl because a mother (one of many) voiced her disgust at an opposing teams mother who kept screaming at her kids team to "stomp on their heads...STOMP ON THEM" ...the police turned up and hauled away kids parents.  The kids were all crying it was just friggin disgusting.

This was a grand final match.  My niece took her son out of that sport and came back to rugby LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured