Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do you think about the fighting on field

I havent watched the SB since Art Modell stole my team, the very same team playing tonight lol.  I dont remember the fighting during the superbowl.

Wow

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Well, considering Obama's interview about the sport and all the comments and commercials about making the game safer, I fully expect the Superbowl to be a Flag Football game in three years.

Hahahahaha!

I want every player safe, I do not want any one injured, by the hands of another player or by the game itself.

But, with that said, I do fear that the game will be lost soon.  What a damn sad day that will be.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Well, considering Obama's interview about the sport and all the comments and commercials about making the game safer, I fully expect the Superbowl to be a Flag Football game in three years.

Hahahahaha!

I want every player safe, I do not want any one injured, by the hands of another player or by the game itself.

But, with that said, I do fear that the game will be lost soon.  What a damn sad day that will be.

We have to 'protect the children' at all costs these days...the end of contact sports is just around the corner, I'm afraid.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Hahahahaha!

We have to 'protect the children' at all costs these days...the end of contact sports is just around the corner, I'm afraid.

Sadly, I see it coming about as well.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I love it. It's a contact sport so I expect to see it happen. And after that blackout I would of wanted to punch some one too lol.

greenie63
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It happens all the time in football, for any team. Even more so at the Superbowl since there's a lot at stake. I don't like it and my SO thinks I'm funny when I say "play nice boys." 

On a side note about "stealing" teams, we Baltimore natives were very upset when our Colts were stolen, in the middle of the night too!! 

However, our Ravens winning the Superbowl is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

My son and his friends were punished for playing Dodgeball during recess.   It is too violent for them to play.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Hahahahaha!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Quoting talia-mom:

My son and his friends were punished for playing Dodgeball during recess.   It is too violent for them to play.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Hahahahaha!

I do not doubt this for a moment.  How sad for our children.  I don't know how I, and my fellow older classmates, survived school.

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I see the comparison.

Its all about money

Quoting greenie63:

It happens all the time in football, for any team. Even more so at the Superbowl since there's a lot at stake. I don't like it and my SO thinks I'm funny when I say "play nice boys." 

On a side note about "stealing" teams, we Baltimore natives were very upset when our Colts were stolen, in the middle of the night too!! 

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

greenie63
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

That it is. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

I see the comparison.

Its all about money

Quoting greenie63:

JTROX
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I don't expect football players to think about their actions.  Never said I did. The fact remains, whether they are thinking about it or not, they are setting bad examples for our children.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

I just commented about that to my family.  The athletes are setting bad examples for our children.

If you expect these football players to be thinking about setting an example, on that field, during that game, for your children, you need to re-think your expectations.

Yes, it is unsportsmanlike conduct and it is not acceptable.  But for goodness sakes, it happens and it happens often.  

I have never, in all my years of being a football fan, expected a player to act like a pristine role model on that field.  

Emotions are high, something none of us could ever understand.  It's not cool to bring your anger on the field and actually shove another and get in their face but it is part of the game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN