Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Saudi Barbaria..err, Arabia is a disgusting place...

Posted by   + Show Post

http://twitmail.com/email/293769086/37/Press-Release%3A--IAmLama-SAUDI-COURT%3A-FATHER-RAPES%2C-TORTURES-FIVE-YEAR-OLD-DAUGHTER-TO-DEATH-ABSOLVED-OF-CHARGES

A Saudi Arabian father, raped and tourted his 5 year old daughter to death.  The rape was so violent it broke the child's back.

He paid $50,000 and now doesn't have to do any prison time.  This makes my fucking blood boil.

"The ruling is based on a Sharia argument that fathers cannot be executed for murdering their children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives. Fathers and husbands who murder their children or wives are consistently sentenced to five to twelve years in prison at most. This leniency is not extended to mothers and wives. In the history of Saudi Arabia, there has only been one case in 2008 where a father and his second wife were executed for torturing his daughter to death."

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (41-43):
finnbar
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
It's simple really. In places like the US where sharia law is given no authority it's proponents appear equally harmless.
In countries where sharia law is the rule of the land you get tragedies like this.

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

I believe you, please understand this......but now I must ask how it's possible for some Saudi court to have twisted its interpretation of Sharia Law to the extent this fucking scumsucking piece of GARBAGE was let off???

I think posts like this illustrate why some of us have such mixed feelings about Sharia Law.  We have nice wonderful Muslims like you explaining it to us one way....and then we see posts like this which show ADULT MEN being given carte blanche to BRUTALLY RAPE AND KILL A FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL???????????????????????

All because some Saudi court rules in favor of a clearly different form of Sharia Law than the one you must follow.

I can't wrap my head around this dichotomy at all.

Quoting muslimahpj:

There is nothing in Sharia that states that. Islam put a stop to infanticide 1500 yrs ago, especially of female babies. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Just because what is on their books is shittier than what is on our doesn't change the reality that most people who commit acts of violence, sexual or otherwise, against children will never step foot in a courtroom. If you think, for one second, that children here are safe from abuse you're living in a fantasy world. 

A child dies from abuse in this country every 7 seconds. That's nothing to brag about honey.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The sex abuse was just part of it...he murdered her.

in the US, you can't brutally rape, crush the skull of, break the back of, break the arms of and then burn shut the anus of 5 year old girl and pay $50,000 and then be all good from there, going along your merry way.  You will go to prison and depending on the state, be put to death.

Quoting UpSheRises:

At least it went to court. Only about 2% of REPORTED sex abuse cases go to trial in my county...i'm sure it's not much different in other.

Considering the fact that most sex abuse goes unreported i think we need to take a long look in the mirror before we start calling other countries disgusting. Our shit stinks too.

MrsHMS
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Quoting Imacakebaker:

Quoting MrsHMS:

Here is the break down in Saudi Arabia for murder. This is under Sharia law and they can't understand why Americans don't want nothing to do with this crazy law.

In Saudi Arabia, when a person has been killed or caused to die by another, the prescribed blood money rates are as follows[8]:

• 300,000 riyals if the victim is a Muslim man
  • 150,000 riyals if a Muslim woman
  • 150,000 riyals if a Christian or Jewish man
  • 75,000 riyals if a Christian or Jewish woman
  • 6,666 riyals if a man of any other religion
  • 3,333 riyals if a woman of any other religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diyya

Another reason Sharia is a really bad idea!!

Yep. It converts to USDollasrs to: 

• $80,000.00 for a Muslim Man,
  • $40,000.00 for Muslim women, Christian and Jewish Man. 
  • $20,000.00 for a Christian or Jewish woman
  • $1,777.00 for any man or any other religion
  • $888.00 for a woman of any other religion.

This speaks volumes on how the heirarchy and what their opinion and the value of other people. Also a dangerous situation for Hindu maids. They can be treated really poorly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN