Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Woman finds lost wallet in Georgia Kohl's, hands out money to her kids instead of turning it in

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (71-76):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

-.-
Wow that woman squandered away a perfect opportunity to teach her children a POSITIVE message. That's very unfortunate.

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
i couldn't NOT turn it in. that's just wrong..

side note: once, while 7mos pregnant with my 2nd, i took my 3yo on a long, awful bus ride to his pedi, so he could start school the next day. it was my only chance to get him his physical for prek. we had to take 3 busses starting at like 6am, all i had was a bus pass and an emergency 5$ (i was young and poor but trying to do what i could).
after missing 2 busses, i caught one and as we got up, a large black woman told me i had dropped my wallet on the seat. if i'd had money to thank her with, i'd have given it to her, but all i had was a heartfelt thank you. had i left it on the bus, i'd have no bus pass, no money, and be stuck in a different city(the pedi was 45 mins away in a nearby city). she saved me and my child from a dreadful situation.

you never know someone's situation. always do the right thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This story is actually fairly old. The update is that the wallet was returned with all of its original contents intact including the money.

Update: Jan. 10 - The case of the missing wallet took a turn for the good when Fayetteville resident Joseph Smith received a call from the Fayetteville Police Dept. on Jan. 9 saying that a call had been received from the Pike County Sheriff's Office indicating that the wallet and its original contents had been turned in by an attorney. Fayetteville officers said they will pick up the wallet and return it to the family, said Smith.

http://www.thecitizen.com/node/13694

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I hope Karma takes a big 'ol bite out of her backside.

RhondaWoman71
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM

WOW - Is about all I can say.

DandJsGrandma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Is that what she would want someone to do if she lost her wallet? People need to think about that! She is nothing but a thief and just taught her children how to steal as well!!!! Disgusting! She is a prime example of what is wrong with this world!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)