Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Woman finds lost wallet in Georgia Kohl's, hands out money to her kids instead of turning it in

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I think that I am missing the problem here

She simply redistributed the wealth - no muss, no fuss.

gammie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Thank for "what goes around will come around"

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I'm guessing if she felt justified in taking the money to begin with she probably won't be humiliated just sorry she got caught.

Quoting gammie:

Wrong Wrong that is stealing and what the mother taught the kids was it is okay to steal. 

The wallet has a I D's with the person name so YOU DO KNOW who the wallet belong too and you better turn it in.

What I love is the camera has them finding the wallet and just taking it like nothing and now the world is seeing this and that family will be Humiliated!!

GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

What an awful woman and what a terrible lesson she's teaching her kids.

GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My son found one on the street. I opened it, found the driver's license of the owner, called him and returned it.

Opening it isn't such a terrible thing, taking something is.

Quoting Fairywings1223:

That is horrible. If I find a wallet I don't even open it.

Fairywings1223
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I have always found them in a store so I felt no need to open it. But finding it on the street would be different.

Quoting GLWerth:

My son found one on the street. I opened it, found the driver's license of the owner, called him and returned it.

Opening it isn't such a terrible thing, taking something is.

Quoting Fairywings1223:

That is horrible. If I find a wallet I don't even open it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

And? There have been unethical people since the beginning of people. It's nothing new. Shameful, yes. But not really surprising. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM

That phrase "finders keepers", just really bugs me.  Unfortunately, there's a lot of people that believe in this.  It is setting a really bad example for her children.  The woman should of just turned it into Kohl's.  I would probably first see if there's a driver's license/phone # so I can turn it in to that person.  Because, I would wonder if turning it into a Kohl's clerk, would they not keep it.  I hope this woman gets arrested or something.  It is so wrong!!  No wonder why we see our youth having no morals & wouldn't hesitate in doing this.  I taught my kids well, to not take it.  To turn it in.  Which in the few times they found something, that is what they did.  They didn't even ask me, they did it on there on.  :)  So, I was very proud of them!

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

What a loser.  This is an example her kids will never forget, and will likely continue.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

But MUCH more prevalent today, than say 70 years ago and back. 

Quoting frogbender:

And? There have been unethical people since the beginning of people. It's nothing new. Shameful, yes. But not really surprising. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

President Obama will probably invite her to the White House for being a tireless example of his policies. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

I think that I am missing the problem here

She simply redistributed the wealth - no muss, no fuss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)