Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So, what do you think?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-18):
torttia
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

It is my favorite ever! It is funny because I was like that with my first and now I feed my youngest wherever, whenever.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

What does this commercial have to do with diapers?

krysstizzle
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM

lol Cute.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Nothing. What do frogs have to do with beer? I think it's just a funny commercial. I laughed because I was the same way. Nursing my first in public was so akward and I was so self conscious about it. With my second, I was nursing in the middle of museums, malls, parks, etc. I didn't even think twice about it and I looked back at my second and think of how silly it was that I was so self conscious about it.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Nothing. What do frogs have to do with beer? I think it's just a funny commercial. I laughed because I was the same way. Nursing my first in public was so akward and I was so self conscious about it. With my second, I was nursing in the middle of museums, malls, parks, etc. I didn't even think twice about it and I looked back at my second and think of how silly it was that I was so self conscious about it.

And that plays into their slogan "Live and learn, and then get luvs".  

Also, they've gotten a ton of attention for this commercial... so clearly it was effective!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Oh, and we saw this on TV one night and DH laughed and looked at me since that's exactly how I nurse in public now with #2 & 3

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM

It was cute!

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting smalltowngal:

And that plays into their slogan "Live and learn, and then get luvs".  

Also, they've gotten a ton of attention for this commercial... so clearly it was effective!

I think some people, on both sides, are probably going to read too much into it. It reminds me of a post a long time ago that talked about the difference between a first and second child. With your first child, if the binky falls on the floor you sterilize it to make sure it doesn't have any germs on it. With the second, you wipe it off on your shirt and stick it back in their mouth. It's kind of the same idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN