Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If the Boy Scouts Allow Gay Leaders, Kids Will Get Molested

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 66 Replies

Control yourself kitty- it's another post from The Friendly Atheist...

If the Boy Scouts Allow Gay Leaders, Kids Will Get Molested

February 4, 2013 By

Greg Quinlan, president of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX), doesn't like the proposal currently under consideration by the Boy Scouts of America that individual troops could decide whether or not to allow gay leaders and members.

Greg Quinlan

Why doesn't he like it? Because [insert all sorts of homophobic statements here]:

Boy Scouts leaders are exactly that - leaders. Boys watch them very closely. Boys also look up to older Boy Scout members and want to imitate them and follow their examples. Boys at that stage of maturity emulate male role models. A homosexual who gently eases boys and young men into exposure of homosexuality by his own personal example promotes homosexual behavior as normal, natural and healthy. This paves the way for youth to question their own sexuality and be affirmed into homosexuality. Promoting homosexuality to youth is also a political ploy to further homosexual approval.

My own sexual molestation as a youth was a contributing factor to my homosexual behavior as I got older. I left homosexuality only when I saw over 100 of my friends die of AIDS. I regret all those years of living homosexually - time wasted when I could have been dating and experiencing a relationship with a woman, gotten married, and raised children together. But sexual molestation and homosexuality raped me of those precious years, which should have been the best years of my life.

In short: Quinlan hates himself for being gay, so he's going to make life as difficult as possible for all other gay people. It begins by promoting this idea that being gay is anything but normal, natural, or healthy.

He also insinuates that a gay troop leader will spend time at meetings exposing kids to homosexuality, which couldn't be further from the truth. The problem is that troop leaders are being kicked out for the "crime" of being gay, even though their volunteering has nothing to do with their sexuality.

Quinlan also believes that exposure to homosexuality somehow turns kids gay. In other words, he really believes you can catch The Gay.

In Quinlan's letter to the BSA decision makers, he makes this awkward plea:

I, too, was one of those nice gays. But I was also one of those nice children who was molested. Please do without some corporate funding if you must, cut your budget and protect the children in your care. One case of child sexual molestation is one case too many.

Because, in his mind, if you allow gay troop leaders, scout meetings will just become a giant molest-fest.

This is the sort of bigotry that the rest of us are trying to eradicate. The Boy Scouts of America can do their part by ignoring this level of crazy.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

You can't turn someone gay....sheesh.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
9 moms liked this

Homosexual does NOT equal pedophile, either.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
3 moms liked this

I am of the thinking that far too many people lack common sense.  They have no intentions of educating themselves and removing their own ignorance.

It is disheartening, and concerning, that so many heterosexual people are full of ignorance and self importance.  That they have no problem equating homosexuality with molestation, pedophilia and the like.

More heterosexuals concern me than any number of homosexuals.

LindaClement
by Linda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM

What an idiot.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Well they didn't allow gays before and spent years covering up molestations so it seems like the old policy wasn't working. And as Tina Fey says, gays don't recruit, you're thinking of Jehovah's Witnesses. (Not meant to offend anyone, I just think it's a funny line)

This guy needs serious help and I hope he gets it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lkane81
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because your gay does not make you a child molester.
That an its boy scouts they re a leader teaching thing like camping how to use a compass an make a fire. Sex nd sexuality is not involved in in any of those activities. And are not ivolved in scouts at all. Not to mention that you can not teach someone to ne gay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

If they don't allow them, kids will get molested.

I never understand why people truly care what the Boy Scouts do.   Join them or don't.   No matter what you think, they do good things for their communities.

Mommy4000
by Ray of sunshine on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Child molesters tend to be straight men so this theory is definitely spot on.

surromama
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Exactly!

Quoting Woodbabe:

Homosexual does NOT equal pedophile, either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
His own sexuality has become so twisted he really should be the last person dictating sexual normalcy until he gets another decade of real therapy.

He convinced himself his abuser was gay and "just acting like a gay" when he decided to molest young boys. Just projecting his own self loathing on any target that brings the bad feelings back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured