Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

QUestion about taking a child to see Identity Thief Movie. Need opinions please

Posted by   + Show Post

My brother is thinking about taking my 9 year old son to see the upcoming movie Identity Thief. It's my say in the end, and he said that if I said that he couldnt take him to see it then he wouldnt. When I had seen the previews for this movie and read about it, I had thought it was going to be rated pg13 in the end. Now I noticed its rated R. What are other mom's opinions on this? I mean I know there are a lot of rated R movies that I would give an automatic no to on letting him see. Things like Ted, or horror movies or things with excessive sex or nudity, or things like that. I just need some real input on this one. Thanks

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-15):
Genes_Girl
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yeah my son won't be seeing this movie either. he is way too young for rated r movies. i on the other hand will be seeing lol

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Something I would see first to determine how appropriate it would be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Nope, they rate them R for a reason.  While I'm sure it wouldn't scar him for life or anything, there's no reason to rush him to a movie full of adult references and whatever.  Plenty of time for that when he's a bit older.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I would let my 14 yo see it, but not my 10 yo. I think it looks hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Genes_Girl
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Yeah I will be going with my mom to see it on either Monday or Tuesday night after my son is put to bed. My boyfriend will stay home with my son, while mom and I go to see this. It looks funny as heck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN