Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 28 Replies

EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-exclusive-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no words...

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have words. My grandma always said," lay down with the dogs, pic up fleas," Didn't Al Quida shot a teacher in the head recently because she was educating woman? Happened in Afganistan I think. You are an American citizen and you dance with questionable people, whether in the states or not, you are playing with fire and most likely will get burnt.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I have no words...

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Bump!

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My question is, while the teen may have been American, what was he doing in a building with 6 other men, who were suspected al-Qaida militants?

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

bump

LuvmyAiden
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
5 moms liked this

While part of me gets it because it saves American troops the other part of me knows this could be used here in the US and that he could pick Americans at random with no real proof. There is just so much going on right now giving the president carte blanche to do whatever he wants if HE declares an emergency or thinks someone is suspicious. I DO understand drone strikes for some purposes but there is TOO MUCH POWER in the whitehouse right now, period.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Not to point fingers, but there is precedence for this that predates Obama. I objected then and I object now. This is wrong wrong wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Nothing to see here, move along.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I agree 100%  

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

While part of me gets it because it saves American troops the other part of me knows this could be used here in the US and that he could pick Americans at random with no real proof. There is just so much going on right now giving the president carte blanche to do whatever he wants if HE declares an emergency or thinks someone is suspicious. I DO understand drone strikes for some purposes but there is TOO MUCH POWER in the whitehouse right now, period.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN