Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man shot to death after forcing his way into home, deputies say

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

A man armed with a shotgun who forced his way into his ex-girlfriend's Newberry home Sunday was driven away after a fight inside the home, according to a report.

When he returned with another shotgun, a woman inside the home and a teenager each shot him with handguns, the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office reported.

The man, Kenneth David Drown Jr., 21, died at Shands at the University of Florida. None of the other people inside the house were injured.

The sheriff's office gave this account: The agency received a call from a house in the 8000 block of SE 85th Street that Drown was inside with a 12-gauge shotgun. Several people were in the house, including Drown's former girlfriend and their 9-month-old son. People in the house managed to disarm Drown after a shot was fired. Drown then drove away from the house.

While deputies were responding to the 911 call, Drown returned with another shotgun and forced his way inside again, according to a report. He pointed the shotgun at the homeowner, who shot him twice with a handgun, the report stated. A 16-year-old boy also shot at Drown, who was hit several times in the upper body, the report stated.

source

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lga1965
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahhh,yes, Florida. A domestic dispute. How tacky. Another reason to have really thorough background checks done. I wonder if those yokels got their weapons at a gun show?Obviously this guy is not playing with a full deck and I cant say much for the others either.

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM

As if this only happens here in FL! I would hardly call domestic disputes "tacky". As a cop's kid, I would call them dangerous and tragic!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You should post every gun murder that happens every day in every state. Wait....never mind...you'd never be able to leave the computer.

lga1965
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Quoting dawnie1:

As if this only happens here in FL! I would hardly call domestic disputes "tacky". As a cop's kid, I would call them dangerous and tragic!

Wellll...the nut's "former girlfriend" was there....and it seemed to be a domestic dispute, not a stranger who broke in. And he came back after the first try....he had a motive, he was motivated. Yahooooo.....

By the way, your yellow font is extremely hard to read.

lga1965
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quoting UpSheRises:

You should post every gun murder that happens every day in every state. Wait....never mind...you'd never be able to leave the computer.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Obama .....shocking! I mean.....his name could have been mentioned if she really tried,doncha think? 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Just more proof people don't need M4's, M16's, AK47, or semi-automatic weapons to defend themselves.

Or extended clips. A hand gun is perfectly fine for self defense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)