Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in Your State? A map of estimated illegal immigrant population, state by state.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I am Wyoming.  According to the stats you provided ours is about 10,000 people and on the low end.  This does not surprise me...it is Wyoming!  We don't have the jobs illegals traditionally work.

Now, my home state of Texas is high with almost 10% of the workforce being illegal.

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

GA is probably less than reported here as it is reporting 2010 and that immigrant bill came in 2011.

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
There are only 5 counties in Georgia that are equipped with actually following that law though.

Quoting stormcris:

GA is probably less than reported here as it is reporting 2010 and that immigrant bill came in 2011.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

What do you consider equipped and which counties? I can speak for my county and several in the area that the farm jobs have gone to prison labor as a result. No jobs and people leave. Inmates harvested the Vidalia onion crops this past year. It is the loophole to the pay requirement. 

Quoting JeremysMom:

There are only 5 counties in Georgia that are equipped with actually following that law though.

Quoting stormcris:

ethans_momma06
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I'm in California so.... HAHA.. 6.8% of the population.

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I am referring to the part of the law that they will be deported. There are only 5 counties that have the system in the jails to process them and have ICE come pick them up. These counties are Whitfield and 4 counties in/around Atlanta (Fulton, Cobb, Dekalb, can't remember the last one). I live in Whitfield and my husband works at the jail. He is going in March to become trained as an immigration officer. When the law first passed, there was a drop in illegal immigrants but most have come back and they just avoid driving so they won't get caught.

Quoting stormcris:

What do you consider equipped and which counties? I can speak for my county and several in the area that the farm jobs have gone to prison labor as a result. No jobs and people leave. Inmates harvested the Vidalia onion crops this past year. It is the loophole to the pay requirement. 

Quoting JeremysMom:

Quoting stormcris:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in a high immigration state.

Our economy would collapse if all undocumented workers disapeared.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I'm in the lightest color.

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Trillions of them! Oh, wait, no...

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I live in Texas... enough said. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)