Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Many Illegal Immigrants Live in Your State? A map of estimated illegal immigrant population, state by state.

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Replies (11-16):
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

FAIR numbers are higher than the PEW figures ... and as low as the numbers are for SC I'm still fed up with it. Too many people here don't work (are on welfare), and we have a high retirement population as well, with a higher than average unemployment figure. Bad mix.

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Even before reading this I was wondering if that would be able to be put into effect and it seems I am correct. However, it does seem that the wages and hiring laws were somehwhat more effective.

Quoting JeremysMom:

I am referring to the part of the law that they will be deported. There are only 5 counties that have the system in the jails to process them and have ICE come pick them up. These counties are Whitfield and 4 counties in/around Atlanta (Fulton, Cobb, Dekalb, can't remember the last one). I live in Whitfield and my husband works at the jail. He is going in March to become trained as an immigration officer. When the law first passed, there was a drop in illegal immigrants but most have come back and they just avoid driving so they won't get caught.

Quoting stormcris:

What do you consider equipped and which counties? I can speak for my county and several in the area that the farm jobs have gone to prison labor as a result. No jobs and people leave. Inmates harvested the Vidalia onion crops this past year. It is the loophole to the pay requirement. 

Quoting JeremysMom:

There are only 5 counties in Georgia that are equipped with actually following that law though.

Quoting stormcris:

GA is probably less than reported here as it is reporting 2010 and that immigrant bill came in 2011.

LindaClement
by Linda on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I'm in Canada, and for all the 'soft' border talk, we still have a fraction of the numbers in the US. Dunno why...

denise3680
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I live in NC and they account for 3.5% of the population but that is from 2010. 

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Ditto.

Quoting justinnaimee:

I live in Texas... enough said. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM
As would ours.

Quoting Momniscient:

I live in a high immigration state.

Our economy would collapse if all undocumented workers disapeared.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured