Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gunsmoke dealt with rape and pregnancy?

I sure do not remember this episode while I was growing up and I was very surprised to see it on tv land today.  No i dont generally watch Gunsmoke as an adult, I did see a lot of it as I was growing up though,.

Pretty racy topic for that show in my opinion.  Thoughts?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (11-13):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I loved that show, all those years ago.

I honestly could not tell you about any one episode. lol

I should look this one up and watch it.

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I loved that show, all those years ago.

I honestly could not tell you about any one episode. lol

I should look this one up and watch it.

It was a later episode I think.  It was the school teacher played by the same woman who also played Miss Beatle on Little House who was raped.  She had strawberry hair rather than blonde though lol.

I used to watch with my grandmother as a child but I never really watched reruns. I remember the main characters pretty well though.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting eema.gray:

Quincy M.E. is another old show that dealt with tons of social issues in quite direct ways.  If there's a social issue involved, you just KNOW that at some point, he's goint to talk with an expert, who runs a clinic, who is passionately speaking about what a terrible injustice is being done to X Y or Z group whether that be airplane safety or battered women or some other cause.  For its time period, it's actually pretty heavy handed on the social messages.  :-)

And Asten is going to chew him out over it lol.  I LOVED Quincy.  I watch it on netflix still.  I hold Quincy responsible for my love of all thats forensic lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)