Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama is the Dad of our country?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 38 Replies

Actor and comedian Chris Rock called President Obama the "dad of the country" as he rallied on Capitol Hill to support his father figure's call for new gun controls.

"I am just here to support the president of the United States," said Mr. Rock, a former "Saturday Night Live" cast member whose most recent acting roles include a voice role in the animated feature "Madagascar 3," a spot in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and guest turns on the FX comedy "Louie." "The President of the United States is, you know, our boss. But also, you know, the president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country. And when your dad says something, you listen. [And] when you don't, it usually bites you in the [expletive] later on. So I'm here to support the president."

Though Mr. Rock kept his Wednesday remarks brief, he has often incorporated gun control into his comedy routines.

"The gun lobby also says people need to be able to protect their property," Mr. Rock said last month, according to deadline.com, "but every mass shooting is done by guys who live with their mother. So I believe you should need to have a mortgage to buy a gun. A mortgage is a real background check. Even if you go to jail for 30 years, you've still got to pay your [expletive] mortgage

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/6/chris-rock-president-obama-our-boss-dad-country/#ixzz2K9CUg4Aq 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe he is using humor.
I am in favor of gun control too.
No military assault weapons, no magazines....just hunting rifles and registered hand guns. We are supposed to be a civilized nation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

“I am just here to support the president of the United States,” Rock said on Wednesday.  “The president of the United States is, you know, our boss.”

“But he’s also, you know, the president and the first lady are kind of the like the mom and the dad of the country,” he said.  “And when your dad says something, you listen.”

Chris Rocks exact quote.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

He was being very serious.

Here's the link the the video

Quoting lga1965:

No military assault weapons, no magazines....just hunting rifles and registered hand guns. We are supposed to be a civilized nation.

stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh good grief. 

Did he miss the entire mortgage fiasco?

The comment about being our dad is akin to blind servitude.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Totally agree!!

Quoting stormcris:

Oh good grief. 

Did he miss the entire mortgage fiasco?

The comment about being our dad is akin to blind servitude.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM
6 moms liked this

Do not consider them the dad or mom of the country nor do I consider him our boss. He works for us not the other way around.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Well Obama is not my dad or my boss!  Last time I checked I was the one paying taxes that helped pay the payroll for this postion, so nope not my boss

candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

you betcha.

Quoting pamelax3:

Well Obama is not my dad or my boss!  Last time I checked I was the one paying taxes that helped pay the payroll for this postion, so nope not my boss

lga1965
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM
He is being serious about gun control and liking the President. True. Do you have a problem with that ?
I'll watch it on my laptop when I get home okay ?

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok. :)

I get he supports the president, but I don't think Obama is our "dad" or boss.

Quoting lga1965:

He is being serious about gun control and liking the President. True. Do you have a problem with that ?
I'll watch it on my laptop when I get home okay ?

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN