Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2 Children & 1 Woman Dead, 1 Hurt After Shooting At Denver Home

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/06/northeast-denver-shooting-deaths/

February 6, 2013 9:33 AM

DENVER (CBS4) – Two children were killed Wednesday morning in a shooting incident in a Northeast Denver home that claimed three lives and injured another.

The shooting left two children and one adult female dead in the 4900 block of Pearl Street.

Another child who was injured survived and was rushed to the hospital. That child was in surgery at 8:55 a.m.

According to Radio Reference, police could be heard speaking to dispatch about a father and child, “It looks like the father is hysterical, crying but says the 2-year-old is still breathing.”

Denver Police Lt. Matt Murray said officers are not searching for a gunman. Officers were awaiting a warrant to search the home for evidence.

“It appears to be an isolated incident. We are talking to people, we are talking to witnesses but we have no indication that there is a shooter out there on the loose in Denver,” said Murray.

All of the children involved appear to be young however police cannot confirm how, and if, the woman and children were related.

“All of the children appear to be under the age of 10. However because we have not been able to verify identity I can’t tell you exactly how old each child was,” said Murray. “They are young children.”

Emergency crews responded at approximately 6:55 a.m. to the house, which is located near the intersection with 49th and Pearl in the Globeville neighborhood.

They discovered three people who were dead and one person who was hurt. Shortly after 7 a.m. an ambulance took what appeared to be a young person to a hospital. That person had been wheeled out of the house on a stretcher.

Police said the shooting was being investigated as a death investigation until more information becomes available.

Denver Police Chief Richard White said there are children involved in the incident, but wouldn’t elaborate. He said names and ages of the victims won’t be released pending notification of family members.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Oh how awful :(

areid1023
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM

well thats insanely vague.

and also very very tragic. i certainly hope the little one pulls through. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

Oh how awful :(

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

blech

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Poor babies! I pray the hurt one will survive

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Ya I'm not sure what or how or why any of this happened. The reports are very limited still.

Quoting pamelax3:

morrigan914
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM
:(

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM

It is a very vague story.. Maybe more will come out later.. Just so sad

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Ya I'm not sure what or how or why any of this happened. The reports are very limited still.

Quoting pamelax3:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Oh my.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN