Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good guy with a gun now a bad guy with a gun. Ex cop on the loose killing people in CA.

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 89 Replies
2 moms liked this

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A former Los Angeles cop with military training waged war with his former colleagues Thursday. Police said one officer was dead.

Jittery police searched a huge swath of southern California -- from San Diego to Los Angeles -- for Christopher Jordan Dorner. He's a 270-pound former Navy lieutenant professing a mighty beef against LAPD officers he claimed ruined his life by forcing him out of his dream job.

The shootings came a day after Irvine, California, police named Dorner a suspect in the double slayings of a woman -- identified by Los Angeles police as the daughter of a retired LAPD officer -- and her fiancé.

Dorner blamed the retired officer for bungling his appeal to get his job back, according to a letter he wrote complaining of mistreatment by the LAPD. In that letter -- provided to CNN by an LAPD source -- Dorner vowed to wage a violent war of retribution against police officers and their families.

The article goes on. 

So, this guy is trained up the wazoo and has now snapped. 

I hate to keep bringing up the NRA presidents words, I only do so to highlight how stupid they are. So he was a good guy with a gun who's now turned into a bad guy with a gun and now all the good guys with guns are out hunting this now bad guy with guns. 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I hope they catch him soon

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Crazy.

Hopefully they catch him before anyone else is put in danger.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Far too many people  are 'snapping' after having been 'trained' to be that good guy with a gun.

JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Far too many people  are 'snapping' after having been 'trained' to be that good guy with a gun.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
lokilover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
5 moms liked this

The actions of the cops are not helping matters at all. They've shot at two groups of people just because they were driving a truck that looked similar to the truck he was driving. Two women are now in the hospital.

Honestly, they are almost proving his charges of corruption by reacting in this way.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM

No kidding. I wonder about the psychology behind that. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yeah, that was real bullshit. That should not have happened. That is asking for a lawsuit that would bankrupt the state. Does that make them good guys though? What level headed person who is supposed to be an upholding of the law, not some stupid gangster, shoot into a car without verifying if the person inside it is who they are looking for? Are they intending to kill him instead of capturing him and holding him accountable for his crimes? Sounds like it. 

Quoting lokilover:

The actions of the cops are not helping matters at all. They've shot at two groups of people just because they were driving a truck that looked similar to the truck he was driving. Two women are now in the hospital.

Honestly, they are almost proving his charges of corruption by reacting in this way.

tanya_marieh
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
My facebook has been lit up about this because its happening near the base that hubby works. I hope they catch him soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Guess what?

11 miles away from my house. Called the school where my son is at? They wont even lock the front gate. We've been hearing helicopters all morning, and in about 20 mins I get to go walk to pick him up.

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting mehamil1:

Yeah, that was real bullshit. That should not have happened. That is asking for a lawsuit that would bankrupt the state. Does that make them good guys though? What level headed person who is supposed to be an upholding of the law, not some stupid gangster, shoot into a car without verifying if the person inside it is who they are looking for? Are they intending to kill him instead of capturing him and holding him accountable for his crimes? Sounds like it. 

Quoting lokilover:

They've already managed to do about half of the damage he's done in pursuit of him. The LAPD has never been known for being an uncorrupt organization.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured