Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

All this fuss about some snow...

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 71 Replies

You would think that its the end of the world.  Its snow....stay inside until the roads are cleared...I just don't get why they are making such a big deal out of this!!!!   Heck...we survived the big ice storm years ago, didn't have electricity or heat .....for days.  We are still having a full day of school tomorrow, despite the forecast.  Most of us New Englanders.....don't get what all the fuss is about...

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Where do you live?

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Florida. It was 78 here today. May we have some of your snow, please?  It doesn't feel like Febuary at all here.

btamilee
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I live in central Maine.  We are expecting 18 to 24 inches.  Most of us up here...find this hype a bit ridiculous.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a friend in Maine who lives in a trailer on rural land while her house is being built...SHE is pretty attentive to the weather forecast and isn't laughing it off!

emelymac
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM
You gotta love New England. Every snow is like the first snow ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

What fuss?

Personally, I am sick and tired of this winter.  The snow, I can deal with, the damn fog we have been having.............not so much.

Let me find a pix my daughter took on our drive home the other evening.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I know,the news make a big deal out of everything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in Minnesota....I know about snow! LOL. I couldn't just stay in...I had to commute to and from work in blizaards--37 miles each way. It matters. I got kind of stressed. It IS a big thing! It is something to fuss about!

Now I am retired but.....

I have to go take care of my grandchild every day from 7:15 until 5;00 pm.

Her Mom and Dad work full time everyday. Snow is no excuse.

I can't just stay inside until they clear the roads, NOBODY can unless they are SAHM's.

I hate winter.

btamilee
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I do get that...I am not laughing it off, but part of living in Maine is dealing with the bad winters and lots of snow is part of the price we pay......for the most beautiful summer anyone can imagine. Its worth every single snowflake and below zero temperature to have our wonderful summers....

Quoting Woodbabe:

I have a friend in Maine who lives in a trailer on rural land while her house is being built...SHE is pretty attentive to the weather forecast and isn't laughing it off!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We get that here in Spokane as well.  The news makes it sound as if every one should take cover. lol

Yes, we have had more snow this winter than last, or it has stuck around longer, but I have most certainly see worse while living in MI and even in Big Bear, Ca.

Here is a photo my daughter took on our drive home the other night.  I HATE FOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)