Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Should cops be able to shoot random (Innocent) people? [Not Confirming who they shoot at]

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 399 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,0,4414028.story

Dorner had a Grey Toyota Tundra. One of the vehicles they shot up was a Blue Toyota Tacoma.

And they didn't accidentally shot one bullet into this innocent civilians truck. I counted 46 (I might be off by one or two).

The second victim of Police shooting also the wrong color and model. And inside a skinny white guy.

And this isn't even the end. The Supsect is a tall (Near 6 feet), black, and 270 lbs.

They have shot at a truck with two Asian mexican ladies. And a truck with a white guy in it.

So unless two asian mexican ladies look like a black guy or a blue truck looks like a gray truck (Differen't model as well) something is clearly wrong here.

Someone made a joke that if you are a tall black man you need to stay inside for a few days. But since we have two asian mexican ladies and a white guy being shot at. It is pretty clear that if cops are around you are in danger (If you are in southern california at the moment).

Quote:

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

I agree this guy needs to be stopped. But is shooting 40+ bullets at every shadow that might be him really the best way to "catch" him?

An easy, "Please Come out with your hands up" Would have worked. Those people would have walked out of their vehicles and not been shot. Calling backup and following the vehicles would have worked as well.

Running the license plate numbers would show who they are as well.

This upsets me to no ends.

Normally there is a, "But if you look at it from this point it makes sense" Direction from the action Police perform.

But how do you shoot at the wrong truck 40+ times (That is the wrong color and model number) and they look nothing like the suspect. Or shoot at two asian mexican ladies, or a white guy when you are looking for a 6 foot, 270 lb, black guy?

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

yikes

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow.

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully, they will sue the police department for whatever medical costs they've incurred because of their paranoia. As I said in the other thread, they have done almost half of the damage the man who they are hunting.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
4 moms liked this
Lawsuit.

That is irresponsible and reckless behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

No they should not and whoever did this needs to be sacked and probably will...if not a grave injustice has occurred

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
12 moms liked this

Makes you wonder if Donner is right about the LAPD. 

Killing people over it is the wrong way to go about it though. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
11 moms liked this

So those cops, even though they are cops, are not good guys with guns?

I will not let those words rest. I want it it to sink into the minds of everyone who reads this, the president of the NRA is the biggest fucking tool that ever was. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM

OMG!!!

nickellmomof2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

First I want to say, I'm all for guns, all for catching this guy, all for the police...but that being said, this is beyond stupid!  I know several people in law enforcement (including family) and we are all outraged!  The cops who did this will be repremanded for this act.  There is no reason what-so-ever for this recklessness. Yes, they are stressed.  Yes, they are worried about their own safetly, I mean this guy is targeting cops and their families.  Yes, for them, this is personal.  But this makes no sense, the truck wasn't even the right color.  There were 2 women inside.  These cops will be lucky to keep their jobs.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
15 moms liked this

no. 

or shoot people's dogs. 

or throw flash grenades in the bedroom windows of kids

or kick the heads of  people seated on the curb and cuffed

or tase those who called them for help

and yet they do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)